CHAPTER 2

Jade wondered if she knew the boys well enough to win because she had already been their girlfriend for a whole year, and they still were like perfect strangers.

She had spent the last year studying at home for her final exams and getting ready for her graduation, while the guys travelled around the world. Most of the time, she video called them, but it was only once or twice a week. She was too busy with school and training to be like Evangeline.

Even her social life had improved a lot, and she now had a best friend and many strangers who called themselves her friends.

It was difficult to keep up with it, and she was often invited to parties and gatherings a lot.

She didn't really care for partying; she preferred to focus on the things that mattered to her, like her future as a bodyguard in heels.

And if she did say so herself, she liked being by herself.

Evangeline even said that they both had a lot in common, but honestly, the black-haired girl was very mysterious, so Jade knew almost nothing about her.

Being alone gave Jade space to think, which could sometimes be very useful, considering her new 'friends' were sometimes too loud or rowdy.

They were a group who didn't understand the concept of silence, and the only way for her to avoid them was to completely ignore them. She didn't particularly enjoy being around them sometimes; she felt awkward and out of place.

She had spent an entire year in her father's gym, training with Evangeline in her personal training room in Lyonfort or studying at home.

Jade and Evangeline would also watch old movies together and have late-night conversations about anything that came to mind.

Just three days ago, Jade had reunited with the boys. They had just returned from the world tour, but she hardly paid them much attention.

As far as Jade knew, the boys were right now in Hollow Woods, probably watching this show, and she was here in Sydland, about to compete and probably lose because she still didn't know them well enough.

It would be very embarrassing for them to see her make a fool of herself live because she was ignorant about many things.

When the guys tried to persuade Jade to come to 'The Impossible Quiz' two nights ago, she flatly refused. However, she couldn't resist Frank's sweet eyes and Draco's insistence. Draco literally followed her to the shower to convince her, and she had to call Everett to carry the vampire out of the room before she undressed.

Jade had explained to her boyfriends how hard it was to beat Melody, the queen of competitions, but Frank assured her that she shouldn't worry; everything would be fine as long as she was true to herself.

Alex told her that she should be proud, feel sexy and empowered, regardless of whether Melody was better at the game.

Kevin advised her not to stress because sometimes destiny puts you on the right track without knowing it.

And Everett advised her to behead Melody if she was winning, and even if it sounded tempting, she had to explain to the giant of the group that it was illegal.

Zeth seemed to be the only one who was more realistic than the others; he even gave her a list of things to memorize in case the questions were too difficult. And Finn even agreed to tell her some secrets that no one else knew.

It would certainly be difficult to beat someone like Melody, who knew everything about the band, every detail. She was a fan like no other.

And now Jade was here.