Chapter 69

“You won so much money today, so, you are entitled to give us a treat!” Zhuang Yu took the menu, and after a glance at Lu Chengyu, he began to order. His principle of ordering was not to ask for the best, but to ask for the most expensive.

Lu Chengyu smiled and allowed Zhuang Yu and Qi Jingfeng to eat as much as they wanted. After ordering the food, the originally grinning Zhuang Yu’s expression became a lot more serious: “I didn’t want to mention things that would affect your mood at this time, but Xiao Lu, think about it, who have you offended?” Don’t look at them like this. They lived a luxurious life, but there was nothing wrong among them in private. He now directly asked Lu Chengyu, it was because Lu Chengyu had encountered many things recently.

Zhang Zeyun didn’t expect Zhuang Yu to ask so directly. He glanced at Lu Chengyu with some worry. Seeing that the other party didn’t look be unhappy, he said, “Don’t tell me, just because Xiao Lu became a billionaire overnight, he attracted the hatred of a lot of people.”

“That’s right, your life path is like a winner in life, except that there are no beautiful women to hug you,” Zhuang Yu shrugged, “I mean, does anyone hate you enough to go to the extent of killing you?”

Lu Chengyu remembered his previous life experience, and then recalled his journey from school to the present in this life, frowned and shook his head: “I have no impression. I graduated from university and came to Huading to work. I invested before. Although, I made a lot of money in the movie, I have very little contact with people in the circle, and the relationship with the crew is pretty good. Even if someone was looking at me from behind, they don’t have the ability to arrange so many means to kill me.” If they had this kind of ability, those people would not still mix in some crews, they could just be investors who didn’t need to show up.

He remembered that when he met Huang Chuan in his previous life, it was at the premiere of “The Universe”. At that time, because a company artist was going to attend the premiere and the assistant beside him became sick again, he was temporarily transferred to the star for the premiere.

This time he deliberately joined the crew of “The Universe” in order to observe the behaviour of the artist. After a month of observation, he found that the artist had no problems, and that could only show that he was really unlucky when he met Huang Chuan in his previous life.

“According to this, you won’t have a big problem there,” Zhuang Yu looked at Lu Chengyu several times, and hesitated, “Have you ever thought…maybe the problem lies with your parents?” He and Zhang Zeyun checked. After the passing of Lu Chengyu’s parents, they found that his parents had some unusual behaviour before their accidental death, but they couldn’t find out the truth behind it, so they suspected that Lu Chengyu’s parents might be involved in something.

Lu Chengyu was silent. Before he went to the filming of “The Universe”, he made a special trip home. In fact, he was looking for something related to his parents, but he didn’t find anything suspicious. He frowned, “My dad was just the middle-level management employee of a company, my mother was just a university professor, who could they both offend?”

Yan Mu, who had been silent, suddenly said at this time: “There is a very famous literary family in S City, the Xia family, I heard about this family. They lost a daughter decades ago, but because of an accident at home, there was no time to send too many people to find this daughter. It is said that more than ten years ago, the Xia family had news of finding their daughter, but suddenly the news disappeared. In the following days, everyone in the circle said that the Xia family was deceived, and many people saw their joke for a while.”

Qi, Zhang, and Zhuang didn’t understand why Yan Mu suddenly mentioned that, the Xia family was now considered top-notch in S City. But when they discovered that Lu Chengyu, who had always been smiling, had changed his face, they knew it was not that simple.