Chapter 68

Lu Chengyu put the plate with the cake on the bar next to him. He heard something in Sheng Shaoyuan’s words. He glanced at the secretary behind Sheng Shaoyuan. He jumped off the high stool. His index finger clicked on the counter table and laughed. He said to the bartender, “Give us a glass of Louis XIII for Mr. Sheng.” After saying this, he looked back at Sheng Shaoyuan and said, “Presumably the amount of alcohol is good.” The bartender opened the wine. He took a few clean wine glasses, poured a glass and put it in front of Sheng Shaoyuan, made a slow gesture, and politely stepped aside.

Sheng Shaoyuan glanced at Lu Chengyu, held up the short-footed wine glass and slowly shook the red liquid in the wine glass. After taking a sip, he smiled and said, “Thank you, Assistant Lu for the warm hospitality.” He seldom told others not to drink too strong foreign wine. Lu Chengyu probably didn’t know about this. Now, he came up and drank the strongest Louis XIII by himself, not knowing if it was accidental or because of something else.

Hearing this thank you, Lu Chengyu smiled slightly, “You are welcome, Mr. Sheng.” The place they were in was originally a high-end club hotel, and most people couldn’t even enter, so, the most indispensable thing here was expensive tobacco and alcohol. He heard that Sheng Shaoyuan’s words meant to tease him, so, he did not give a big or small reaction or added a block to the other party.

Qi Jingfeng and Zhang Zeyun were not very familiar with Sheng Shaoyuan. But after all, they were all in the capital city circle, and they knew a little about Sheng Shaoyuan, who was a local snake in S City. However, they saw that this person was not easy to deal with, especially after seeing Lu Chengyu inviting him to drink this kind of wine, they became more vigilant in their hearts.

“Mr. Yan is very lucky to find such a good helper,” Sheng Shaoyuan glanced at the wine in the glass, then smiled and said to Yan Mu, “It seems that we should be really envious.” This seemed to be enviable, but in fact he described Lu Chengyu as a little white face dependent on Yan Mu. Perhaps in Sheng Shaoyuan’s eyes, even if Lu Chengyu was worth hundreds of millions, it was still far behind Yan Mu and the two would soon be separated.

Hearing Sheng Shaoyuan’s words, Zhang Zeyun somehow, suddenly saw in his mind the cool look of Lu Chengyu when he beat someone. He unconsciously stood a step away from Sheng Shaoyuan and nudged towards Lu Chengyu to show his position.

“Mr. Sheng, what kind of help are you talking about? He has never liked cooking at home. If he were not for me, he would probably be hungry and faint,” Yan Mu said, “He is a big man worth more than 100 million yuan but because of me he is holding the position of an assistant, he is already very wronged.”

Sheng Shaoyuan twitched his lips and smiled. He didn’t expect that Yan Mu would be willing to say these things for Lu Chengyu’s sake. He raised his eyebrows and looked at Lu Chengyu, who kept smiling from beginning to end. This look was indeed very dazzling among men, but no matter how handsome he was, he was only a man. He really didn’t expect Yan Mu’s taste to be like this.

“Yours is mine. I am helping myself. Why would I feel wronged?” Lu Chengyu smiled and looked at Sheng Shaoyuan. “What is there to admire Mr. Sheng, you are better than me, and you will definitely find a partner who will make you happy.”

This sounded very polite, but why did it feel as if there was something wrong? Qi Jingfeng, who was next to him, glanced at the two of them suspiciously, but seeing that Sheng Shaoyuan was still smiling, he just sat aside and had a drink.

Sheng Shaoyuan knew that Lu Chengyu was giving him back what he had just said. He didn’t get angry and laughed. He brought up the Louis XIII bottle to pour good wine for all the people present, then raised his own glass and said, “It’s a rare meeting. Let’s have a drink together.” He had never been able to drink a mere glass of wine when an outsider revealed his preferences.