Chapter 9: Graduation Ceremony

At the graduation ceremony, the university's dean delivered his speech and award students with diplomas and bachelors certificates to all graduates. Then the graduate representative came on stage to give a speech. When Zhang Hong and Zhu Guanglin both looked at Lu Chengyu who didn't have any manuscript with him, they were stunned. They did not think that the graduate chosen to represent the university is their own dormitory brothers.

There was a roar of applause, especially among the girls, as soon as Chengyu went up to the stage. For girls, Lu Chengyu is good-looking, good-natured and respectful to girls. Such a man is always appreciated by girls, so once he comes on stage, he gets a lot of cheers.

“Female comrades applauds so warmly that when I step down, I don't know if I won't be beaten by my male comrades. Please take it slowly. If I go back to work with an ugly appearance that will affect the company's image, my boss would've fired me.” Lu Chengyu stepped onto the stage and made a fearful expression, which caused the whole audience to laugh. The envy and jealousy feelings in the male comrades dissipated because the other side is just like them, he also was afraid of the boss and worried about work. What he feels is relatable to others which make people dispel that sentiment.

“I am both honoured and worried to be elected as a representative of graduates. Thank you very much for the trust of teachers and classmates. As one of the students that are graduating, standing on this rostrum, I remember the four years I spend in university.” With a smile on his face, Chengyu began to talk about the university's past and the big auditorium gradually quieted down. Many people recalled their four years of university, thinking that this will be their final relaxing years.

Hearing Lu Chengyu's speech, many people started to realize that there were so many wonderful happenings in these four years. But after they stepped out from this campus, they will become the members of busy work life. No one knows whether their future gonna be ordinary or magnificent, but the four years that they spend in the university will always exist in their life.

“Human life is like a long river with an end. What we have to do is to let the river pass through as many beautiful places as possible. When the river dries up, we should not have too many regrets when we recall yesterday. Today is the last time that we sit in the Q University's hall as students, but we are always Q Uni' adults. What is the school motto of Q University?”

“Gentlemen strive for self-improvement!” Someone answered loudly below.

“Yes, regardless you win or lose, gentlemen should strive for self-improvement constantly. I wish all the alumni present here a vast expanse of sky and sea in this lifetime and continuous self-improvement!”

Most of the former graduate representatives read their manuscripts on the stage. When the school leaders saw Lu Chengyu went on stage without any manuscript, they were worried.

But after listening to Lu Chengyu's speech, they were relieved and nodded in their hearts. The representative selected this time has good mental quality and good physical condition. At this school forum, there will never be any complaints from girls. Every graduation ceremony representatives are people who can't see their faces with the bottom of the bottle. (T/N: representative usually reads from the manuscript that others can't see their face.)

After Lu Chengyu finished his speech, he bowed on the stage and to the teachers who are sitting. Then he calmly stepped down from the platform and went to his seat.

Q University is a famous university in China. So every year, the graduation ceremony receives a lot of attention. Some media even find photos of handsome men and women in bachelor's robe and upload them to increase the exposure of its official Weibo.