Chapter 52

Yan Mu noticed that someone next to him was looking at him. He turned his head to look and recognized that this person was the screenwriter who worked with Lu Chengyu, so he nodded politely at this person.

Qu Lingbei saw that the other party found that he was looking at him, and said: “Mr. Yan is here to pick up Mr. Lu?” I don’t know if it was his illusion. He always felt that the atmosphere between Yan Mu and Lu Chengyu was not right, maybe it is. As a screenwriter, he is prone to thinking too much. As a collaborator of Lu Chengyu, Qu Lingbei knew that he should not be nosy. But in his opinion, Lu Chengyu was only six or seven years older than his own child. In today’s society, at the age of twenty-two, many people were still big boys who were not very sensible. Even if Lu Chengyu was sensible, he did not lose to people who had been running outside for many years, but he still had a simpler mind. Business elites like Yan Mu who had seen many things in the world and had tried everything were still different, thus he was worried that Lu Chengyu would suffer.

“Yeah,” Yan Mu nodded and glanced towards the dressing room. He saw that Lu Chengyu hadn’t come out before concentrating on talking with Qu Lingbei, “He has a wounded arm, I don’t want him to go home alone.”

On the other side, He Long, who was rushed back by Lu Chengyu to protect Yan Mu, silently shrank to the side when he heard these words. Now in the eyes of President Yan, he was no longer human? Thanks to him being pushed back to be a nameless bodyguard again, he felt like he was hurt a little bit inside.

“Mr. Lu is young. Mr. Yan is willing to take care of him so much. You’re a good person,” Qu Lingbei said with a smile. “Fortunately, you are here. Otherwise, Mr. Lu would be injured at home alone and it is not convenient to do anything.”

Yan Mu listened. At this point, he looked at the forty-year-old man in front of him for a few more seconds, then slowly nodded his head after a few seconds: “I’m glad to be able to take care of him.”

Qu Lingbei’s expression changed when he heard Yan Mu’s words. After several changes, he finally nodded and said: “Mr. Yan is kind.” As an outsider, he couldn’t speak too much after all, let alone speak too thoroughly, otherwise it would be annoying.

Yan Mu had a better impression of Qu Lingbei because of this. After all, the other party was really worried about Lu Chengyu, so he asked so many questions regardless of his identity. If there was no such thought, why should the other party say these things with the possibility of offending him.

“Brother Qu, Brother Mu, what are you talking about?” Lu Chengyu ran to the two of them, his cheeks were still blushing abnormally, apparently because he was too anxious when removing makeup, which left traces as if he had injured his skin.

“I didn’t say anything.” Qu Lingbei said with a smile, “I originally planned to invite you to my house for a few days, and then go back when the injury is healed. However, I don’t have to worry about you, having Mr. Yan taking care of you.”

“Brother Qu don’t think too much,” Lu Chengyu smiled and walked to Yan Mu and stood beside Yan Mu, “Brother Mu is very careful and will take care of me. Don’t worry.”

Qu Lingbei smiled and nodded: “You are taken care off, what else are we worried about? It’s not too early now. Go back and rest early. If you are injured, you can’t be too tired.”

“I know Qu Ge and Zhang Dao are good people.” Lu Chengyu smiled and greeted the studio staff before he joined Yan Mu to leave the set.

Qu Lingbei sighed softly as he watched the two leaving. If he hadn’t seen what was going on before, now he could see the look between the two of them. When he was in college, there were two boys in love in school. After being discovered, they were not only expelled from school, but were also looked down upon by the world. Now, that nearly two decades had passed, he hoped these two young people could get together smoothly.