36

"That's all for class today."
Aizawa said, shuffling papers on his desk.
"Next week is the beginning of the exams, I trust you all have been studying properly."
He said, looking up. From the expression on his face they could tell he didn't actually trust that.

Denki's hands gripped the sides of his chair.

He walked to his door.
"That's all."
He said, shutting it behind him.

"I haven't studied at all!!"
Denki and Mina both yelled at the same time. Mina with laughter, Denki with anxiety.

"With the sports festival and the internships I didn't even think to study!!"
Denki crowd out while Mina laughed at their misfortune.

He had placed 20th... out of how many students?
Twenty.

"It'll be tough since there's also a practical exam." Mineta said smugly, how did that idiot get 9th?!

"I thought you were one of us!"
Mina said, pointing at Mineta.

"Don't you know guys like you are only loveable if they're kinda dumb?!"
Denki asked Mineta who just smirked.

He groaned, Aiko gave him a pat on the back. Aiko had just barely placed tenth, she would have gotten higher but her low history grade brought it down a little.

"You two, maybe I could be of assistance?"
Momo practically sparkled in Denki's eyes as she offered to help. She had the top rank.

"Thank you Yao-Momo!!"
Mina and Denki both yelled at the same time.

It didn't take long for the other kids to start asking to be invited to the study group as well which really seemed to excite Momo. She talked about telling her mother to let her use the dining hall and asked them what type of tea they preferred. Aiko smiled at them as they jumped around at this opportunity.

💖💖💖

Aiko walked through the halls after school, she was leaving from staying with recovery girl to help with the treatment of her arms.
"Sup Aiko!"
Denki said with a smile, walking through the halls towards her.

"Denki? What are you still doing here?"
Aiko asked, tilting her head.

"Oh I uh... I was just at the library."
Denki said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh?" Aiko said with a smile. "Have you been studying for exams?"

"Y-yeah... I just kinda wish I had been on top of it you know?" Denki said nervously.

"Yeah me too."
Aiko admitted. Denki looked over at her and then looked away.

"Yeah... but at least you got in the top ten..."
He mumbled, Aiko noticed his change in body language. He was different than usual, off somehow.

"You okay?"
She asked, stepping forward and touching his arm. He looked back up at her.

"Yeah totally!"
He said with a bright grin.

Aiko frowned, unconvinced.
"Denki..."

"I'm just a little stressed you know... with school and everything..." he said, his smiled seemed less bright.
"I mean... you guys seem to be a lot better at this than me..." his focus was on the wall in front of him.

"H-hey... that's not true."
Aiko said, rubbing his arm

"Aiko I placed twentieth."
Denki Whispered, shaking his head.
"I'm literally the dumbest kid in our class."

"You're not dumb Denki-"

"Well I'm not that smart either."
He scoffed. "I... I've even tried Aiko. I didn't in middle school, but I HAVE been trying. With homework and with tests and in class. But I'm just..."
He shook his head and rubbed his nose.