twenty-nine

twenty-nine: time to turn up
word count: 1319

  Justin's security pulled in front of the club momentarily for us to get out before parking the car. Tony, the one who would be entering with us while Lamar parked the car, opened the door for us to exit. Justin stepped out first, immediately gaining some attention from the club goers waiting in line to enter.

  He held the door opened and extended his hand to help Grace and I out of the car. Thank God he's a gentleman... I would hate to see pictures of me tripping and face-planting on the sidewalk tomorrow on Twitter. Tony took the lead with Grace behind him, followed by me and Justin.

  The bouncer smiled wide as he gestured for us to enter, "Big fan, Justin. Have a good time tonight." Justin thanked him, holding the small of my back as he walked in the doorway. We waited for a moment, soon joined by Lamar, before Tony led us toward the VIP section.

  I hadn't been to an LA club yet, not to mention to many clubs period. The ambiance was dark and almost foggy, lit by pink and blue lights all around. Many people were too distracted having fun to notice us being ushered toward the back of the club.

  It was a section that was raised from the others, directly beside the DJ's booth. It wasn't anything cliché like you see in the movies. There was no velvet rope or list with names allowed to enter. It was simply a seating area where I noticed a few other familiar faces.

"My girls!" Grace squealed loudly over the music as she rushed to hug Kendall and Lori. Some of Justin's friends were here as well and he went to say his hellos. "I heard your show was amazing tonight, Rylee," Lori smiled as she hugged me, pulling away to take a sip of her drink.

  As we were all engaged in small talk, Grace leaned closer to my ear. "Let's go get drunk!" she giggled, taking my hand in hers as she led the way to the bar which was not far from where we were standing. We ordered drinks, taking them back to see a waitress bringing a round of shots.

  "Shot time!" Lori cheered, picking up a shot glass along with the rest of us and cheering before throwing it back. I followed, feeling the warm burn slide down my throat and chasing with my cocktail.

  "Rylee!" I heard Justin call, "Come over here." I shimmied through the small group of people, standing beside him as I smiled, "What's up?"

  "I wanted to introduce you to some people," he smiled, his hand resting on my hip as he pulled me to his side. "These are some of the guys I play ball with, this is Jaden, and this is-," he said, being cut off.

  "Hailey Baldwin. It's nice to finally meet you," she smiled as she extended her hand out. Her smile was beautiful and her long, blonde hair was tied in a ponytail. Wearing a black, leather minidress that had to be designer, she looked gorgeous. I knew who she was. She was a very famous model and one of Justin's exes. I knew they were good friends before they dated, and I never knew the extent of their romance.

All I knew was what the internet saw. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous as I was standing in front of her. She seemed so sweet and inviting, and I almost hated myself for not wanting to like her. I shook her hand, returning the smile, "I know who you are. You look so pretty tonight, by the way!"

She laughed, looking down at herself as her ponytail swung lightly. "Thank you! You look gorgeous. Justin was just talking about how amazing you were tonight at your show," she said before sipping her drink. I rolled my eyes playfully as I looked up to Justin who was smiling at me.

I couldn't help it, but I felt as if I needed to show that we were more than friends. I snaked my arm behind him, holding him to me as well before downing my drink. "Wanna go grab another drink with me, babe?" I asked as I noticed I caught him off guard a little. "Uh, yeah. It was nice catching up with you, Hails," he smiled. "It was nice to formally meet you," I smiled as I pulled him behind me towards the bar.

Once we were at the bar, I ordered Justin and I both some Don Julio. "Not that I don't like it, but what was with the 'babe'?" he snickered as the bartender slid him his glass. I shrugged, taking mine as a big shot and asking for another cocktail, "I don't know. It just kind of slipped."

His eyes shot me a glare as he smirked, "Were you a little jealous?" I rolled my eyes as I thanked the bartender, "Psst, no. Why? Do I need to be?" He laughed, turning me by my hips to face him. "Absolutely not. Hailey and I are just friends. We had a small fling some years ago, but we're both passed that. Besides, I heard she's been seeing someone," he assured as he took a nip of his drink.

"Okay," I nodded, believing him. Justin had told me when we first met that he didn't lie, and he had never given me any reason to doubt him. As him and I were chatting a bit, Grace rushed over. "Kendall told the DJ to play Sexyy Red, so it's time to dance!" she laughed, pulling me away from Justin and into the crowded dance floor.

Justin had instructed Tony to keep an eye on Grace and me before we had come tonight. It was kind of nice, surprisingly. We were able to join the rest of club goers on the dance floor, but he was nearby watching to make sure nobody messed with us. In my opinion, every girl needs a security guard at the club to keep the weirdos away. Had I had one before now, I would've partied a lot harder.

"I'm looking for the hoes," we all sang as we danced and let loose. The alcohol was now flowing through me and I had definitely been granted some liquid courage. All of us were attempting to shake some ass, as instructed by Ms. Red. I leaned forward, twerking as Lori and Kendall playfully slapped on my ass and Grace took the liberty of making sure my dress didn't ride up.

  We were all having fun when Lori left only to return with more shots. "Cheers!" I exclaimed, clinking glasses with the girls and taking it with ease. I still used my cocktail as a chaser... I don't take shots well.

  Before I had known, thirty minutes had passed and we were still dancing the night away. The DJ changed the song to some Sza and we all started swaying our hips. I was so glad Grace and Justin convinced me to come out tonight. I was truly enjoying myself and having the best time.

  Now feeling tipsy, I wanted Justin to dance with me. I searched for him, finding him beside the DJ's booth with his boys just vibing.

  His eyes locked with mine. I downed the rest of my cocktail, still not breaking eye contact as I watched him do the same. Still looking at me, he leaned over to say something to his friends. Before he had the chance to make his way over to me on the dance floor, all of us girls decided it was time for a bathroom break.

author's note
— hey everyone! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i think you guys are going to really like these next few chapters. anyways, more to come <3