eight

eight: one dance
word count: 1375

  "Grace, what the fuck!" I whispered frustratedly. She smirked at me, fixing her hair in the mirror. "Trust me, Rylee. He'll come find you," she spoke, rubbing her lips against each other to spread the lipgloss she just applied. I whined, resting my head against the wall behind me.

"Say 'thank you for making me come to this party, Grace'," she teased, turning to me with a proud grin. I rolled my eyes playfully before mocking, "Thank you for making me come to this party, Grace." We both giggled a bit, pampering ourselves in the mirror before heading out of the bathroom and back to the party.

"I want one more drink, and then promise you'll cut me off," I insisted to her, stopping by the bar on our way to the rooftop. I was hoping Justin was still seated here, however he was no where to be seen. Grace ordered us both another drink, thanking the bartender and handing me my glass. We cheered, quickly clinking our glasses before making our way.

We reached the rooftop and met back up with our small little group of girls. The cool, fresh air was amazing and much needed at this moment. I needed to take a breather from talking with Justin. "Rylee, I still can't get over your songs! You have got to release them so I can party in my bedroom," Lori laughed. I smiled, "Eventually! I promise."

"Hey everyone! First and foremost, I just wanna say thank you for coming. Thank you for coming out to celebrate my birthday with me. I'm so blessed to know you and I'm so grateful for my life. Continue on with the party, and happy birthday to me!" Jimmy Fallon joked over the microphone, waving and smiling around the crowd.

"We love you, Jimmy!" Kylie shouted as everyone else seemed to join in and cheer. He left the stage, handing the microphone back to the DJ. At this point of the evening, there was no more karaoke or performances and he had taken over with a playlist that he was mixing for everyone.

'Motive' by Ariana Grande began playing and the girls started dancing. We were all singing and swaying our hips, feeling the rhythm. "Cause I see you trying, subliminally trying, to see if I'm gon' be the one that's in your arms," I sang alongside the girls, beginning to roll my hips.

This was my third glass of Don Julio, and fuck was it going down smoothly. It was like water at this point. I was swaying my hips and running the hand that was free through the ends of my hair. One of the waiters made his way around with a tray that was to collect empty glasses. I downed the rest of mine, placing it on his tray and took advantage of both of my hands.

Grinding my hips and swaying against Grace, I allowed my hands to run down my body. The song changed to now play Drake's 'One Dance'. I didn't even realize that Grace had moved from behind me. I was just dancing and enjoying the music without a care in the world.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grip onto my waist from behind. The same electric shock coursed through my veins and I immediately knew who it was without having to turn around. His fingertips sunk into my dress as if he was trying to feel my skin through the fabric. He pressed himself closer to me, holding my waist as I danced against him.

He wasn't giving instructions, though; I was leading this dance, and I began rolling my hips so seductively against him. He slid his hands further towards the end of my dress, now gripping my hips in a possessive manner. It's almost as if he were trying to stop me before he liked it too much for he put more pressure into the movement of my hips and swayed them back and forth.

Tempting him slightly, I placed my hands over top of his and held them there. I resumed what I was doing previously and rolled my hips instead of innocently swaying. I pressed my ass as close to him as I possibly could, turning my head swiftly to the side to try to catch his facial expression from my peripheral.

He leaned his face closer to mine, slightly resting his nose near my temple. I could feel his hot breath run down my neck, hearing him breathily groan in my ear. This man is so fucking sexy, it's unbearable. My God, I am wet.

I turned my head back to face forward, now opening up room for him to breathe easier against my neck. His lips brushed against my skin, exasperating another hot, breathy growl before he kissed me. He kissed my neck, sliding his tongue against my skin through the kiss. Unable to control myself, I rolled my hips further into him and threw my head back in a quiet moan.

This only gave him more access to the skin of my neck where he kept kissing, sucking lightly. With one hand still holding on top of where his rested on my hip, the other came up to grip his head in place. I ran my fingers through his hair, lightly scratching the base of his scalp. Doing that must've made him want me more for he started to suck my neck more violently.

I moaned once more seeming I was prompted by his actions. To stop himself before he left a horrendous hickey, he pulled away and placed a single kiss. "Hey, stranger," he said lowly into my ear so close that I could feel the vibration of his lips.

Quickly, I completely turned around to face him. We were still right up against each other and his hands readjusted themselves on my hips. "Wow, you don't know my name?" I teased, smiling as I looked into his lust-filled, hazel orbs. He laughed, licking his lips before speaking, "Of course I know your name, Rylee. However... Would it be too soon to say that I think babygirl has a better ring to it?"

I couldn't help but giggle, closing my eyes and leaning my forehead against his. Our bodies were still in sync, swaying so close. Our faces now just inches apart, both of us breathing against each other and unable to stop smiling. "I don't think I've mentioned it yet... But my God, you are perfect," he whispered where only I could hear.

In this moment, it was like Justin and I were in our own little world. There isn't a single person around when I look at him. "Me? I think you're mistaken. Now, you, on the other hand... You're easily one of the most handsome men I have ever seen in my life," I said, eyeing him up and down quickly.

"Well, I've only just met you tonight and you've already taken my breath away," he smiled. Okay, damnit, he won. Fuck, he's good with words. The song was coming to an end as we continued swaying against each other. I scaled my hands up his arms, along his shoulders and up to the sides of his face. Lightly rubbing the base of his jawline where it met near his ears with my thumbs, I held his face locked on me.

Something about the look in his eyes as he watched me was igniting. He licked his lips, darting his vision between my eyes and lips. Just as I was about to pull his face closer to connect our lips, I felt a hand swoop around my waist and pull me away. "Simon's waiting for us outside. We've got to go," Grace giggled.

His hands unwillingly released my hips and as a last resort, he grabbed my hand. Both of us looking at each other like we had unfinished business, the distance now forced us to let go. I knew I'd never get the chance to see him again, but God was I praying for a miracle.

author's note
— hey everybody! i hope you enjoyed this slightly spicy chapter ;) their moment keeps getting ruined, ugh. anyways, more to come <3