two

two: the proposition
word count: 1228

The room was filled with laughter as Grace and I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling with tears in our eyes. "Remember," Grace started, broken by laughter, "Remember the time the seniors dumped that garbage can full of those Orbeez into the commons area for their senior prank whe-."

"Where the principal slipped and busted his ass!" I finished for her, bellowing out giggles. "Yes! Yes," she sighed, trying her best to catch her breath. Grace had been here for two days. It was around eight-thirty in the morning. The two of us had woken up about thirty minutes ago and were just lying in bed, reminiscing and laughing.

  "Oh, God," I sighed while recollecting myself. I knew our time together was growing shorter by the second. I was not at all ready for Grace to leave. I had friends that I kept in contact with here, but growing up means staying busy with work or school.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ry," she sighed, turning to face me with a sad pout. I sucked my lips inward, trying my hardest not to cry. Instead of saying anything, I scooted towards her in the bed and just snuggled up to her. "How much longer do I get to have you?" I asked muffled.

"Hopefully another day... I know I've got an event coming up soon and I'm sure they'll have me do some photo shoots to prepare," she summed up, looking out the window to see cloudy skies and buildings.

I only whined in response, burying my head deeper into the covers. She patted my head, rolling out from under me and out of the bed. "Pee break," she giggled, walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. I huffed, picking up my phone and scrolling around Instagram. I began surfing through the sea of photos posted by people I went to high school with, people I'm familiar with, and celebrities.

I had only been scrolling for around forty-five seconds when I came across a post from one of my favorite musicians of all time, the one and only Justin Bieber. Most people gave me shit for being such a big fan, but I couldn't help it. When I first saw Justin come to stardom, I instantly fell in love with him.

  Of course he was attractive to an eight-year-old me, but his talent was even more impressive. I had been lucky enough to see his shows every time he had toured in Nashville, and I can say that man was meant for the stage. Not only is his voice amazing, but he has a stage presence that lights up the room.

  He was one of my biggest influences in music. His versatility and creativity was truly admirable. He had posted a selfie of him in Chance the Rapper's iconic number three hat.

@justinbieber

Liked by @rylee, @chancetherapper, and 2,119,083 others@justinbieber i stole ur hat muahaha 😈 @chancetherapper

@justinbieber i stole ur hat muahaha 😈 @chancetherapper

View all 30,402 comments
@user1 justin ❤️❤️
@chancetherapper give it back bro 🙄
@justinbieber @chancetherapper not a chance ;) get it haha
@bieber4ever ur so funny justin
@user2 when can we expect new music?
@justinsgerman HI FROM GERMANY!! I LOVE YOU 🇩🇪
@kyliejenner 😂😂

  Whew, that man is fine! He looks great in pink. I smiled as I wandered in my thoughts, double tapping the screen to like the photo. "Ah, that's better," Grace sighed as she re-entered the room and plopped across the bed, "Why are you smiling at your phone?" I looked up to see her shooting a questioning glare my way. "Instagram," I giggled, swiping up out of the app and locking my phone.

  "Mhm," she nodded, sucking her lips inward, "And who's post are we drooling over?" I opened my mouth in a gasp, feeling playfully offended. "Um, excuse me. I was not drooling," I laughed, throwing a pillow at her. "Were too!" she giggled, catching it and cuddling onto it.

  "Justin Bieber," I murmured quietly, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms playfully. "Oh, that explains it. I should've guessed that one," she laughed, rolling off the bed and onto her feet. "You've always been crazy over him," she snickered, walking to her bag to look for something.

  "Can you blame me? I mean, he's Justin Bieber," I laughed, throwing myself back on the bed dramatically. "You know I've met the dude, right?" she asked, turning her head around to look at me. Silence momentarily filled the air. My eyes, that were still closed from my playful display of dramatics, shot wide open as I sprung up. "No you haven't," I said in half disbelief.

  She only nodded in response as I immediately crossed my legs and stared at her. "Grace! You never told me that, you lucky bitch," I gasped, having a little bit of a fangirl moment. She pulled a hairbrush out from her bag and began brushing her hair. "I guess I haven't told you that yet, huh?" she smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

  "Spill!" I practically begged, moving closer to where I was nearly sitting on the edge of the bed. "It wasn't anything crazy. I didn't really talk to him much, just kind of introduced myself with a group of girls and had small talk. He's a cool guy. Super nice and funny. More genuine than most people would assume," she summed up, turning around with a bland expression.

  "Where'd you meet him?" I asked, wanting every detail I could get. She laughed, taking note of my excitement, "Some LA party. I don't even remember who threw it or what it was for, to be honest. I went with a group of girls I know from modeling."

I was happy for Grace's new famous lifestyle, but it would be a lie to say I wasn't a bit jealous. Fame and fortune is great; the lavish lifestyle of a celebrity. I wasn't necessarily jealous of her fame. I was jealous of her opportunities. I have only ever dreamed of getting the chance to meet A-List celebrities, especially Justin Bieber. He was someone I had idolized for a majority of my life. I just wanted the chance to have a conversation with him and meet the man behind the cameras.

Before I realized, a couple hours and breakfast had passed. Grace and I were sitting on my couch, watching reruns of Criminal Minds when she got a phone call. "Amy!" she answered, getting up from the couch and wandering down the hallway of my apartment to get some privacy.

Grace returned with a smirk on her face as she leaned against the corner into my living room. "I have a proposition for you," she said slyly as she tapped her fingers behind her phone. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her confused, "Which is?"

"So... One of my talent managers called and told me I have to attend this party in New York City tonight. I'm supposed to wear this designer dress and be seen by photographers," she said like it was a bad thing, "Anyways, my proposition. Come with me."

author's note
— hey everybody! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. we're starting to build the start of our story here! what did you think of the instagram segment? would you go to the party? anyways, more to come <3