four

four: can i take you home?
word count: 1304

  "Uh, where exactly is here?" I asked, leaning into Grace's ear. She turned to me with an eager grin, grabbing my hand as Amy opened the door for us to all exit the vehicle. "Here is home!" Grace exclaimed, guiding me out of the suv. We now three stood in front of one of the tallest buildings I had ever seen.

  "This is my building. Well, not the whole building of course. My tower residence is in this building," she smiled, turning to me with a shy smile. I knew that Grace was flourishing in her career, but this was on a whole other level. This building was called the Selene and it was definitely a skyscraper. Still somewhat stunned, I was pulled from my thoughts when Amy spoke up.

  "Alright, ladies. It's currently one-forty-two. I need you girls to take a nap or something to get rid of any jet lag and make sure you're well rested for tonight. I'll send the car to pick you up to start getting you ready closer to four. Sound good?" Amy asked, clicking away on the keyboard of her phone.

"Sounds great! Thanks, Amy," Grace smiled as she led me into her building. Walking in, my first impression was that this must be extremely unaffordable. If it wasn't so rude to ask, I would ask her what she pays for this place. We got into an elevator and soon were standing at Grace's front door on the twenty-second floor.

Entering her home felt like a dream. Pristine decor and the most beautiful floor plan laid in front of me. "You get to stay in the spare room," she sweetly smiled, walking through her home just a bit and showing me to the left. It was a room that was twice the size of mine and beautifully made up.

"You're about to have the best nap," she giggled, gesturing to the bed. With my mouth gaping open, I hugged her quickly and threw myself on the bed. Almost instantly, I felt as if I had sunken into a cloud. "I'll wake you up when the car's here," she said softly, disappearing to get a nap in herself.

I was asleep almost instantly. Even though I was dreaming, I couldn't stop imagining what tonight would be like. Things like this were completely out of my realm, though I've always dreamt that one day they wouldn't be. Time passes like seconds when you're a little jet lagged and sleeping in one of the most comfortable beds you've ever laid on.

Grace came to wake me just a few hours later, smiling with excitement. "You're gonna love my glam team," she squealed as we reached the lobby and were now getting into the same black suv from earlier. The ride wasn't as long as I had expected. Time also seems to pass quickly when you're living your best life with your best friend.

We had arrived somewhere that reminded me of a small studio and warehouse combined. Unsure of where we were, I allowed Grace to lead the way. Twisting and turning down long hallways and huge spaces, we reached a room that was big and open.

Entering the room, I saw couches and vanities. The lighting in this room was incomparable to the light in my bathroom where I apply my makeup back home. Standing in front of me, I was greeted by Amy and four other people. "Grace, my favorite girl," she cooed, extending her hand out lovingly.

"Rylee... Meet my glam team. This is Francisco and Marie, my lovely hairstylists," Grace smiled, leaving room for me to shake hands with the man and woman in front of me. "And this is Marjorie and Bianca, some of the best makeup artists I've ever worked with," she said, introducing me to the other two women who were sweetly smiling and waving to me.

"It's a pleasure," I said, gesturing to all four of them. They seemed super welcoming and actually excited to help me get ready. "Come! Sit," Francisco insisted, patting the back of his chair and eagerly tapping his feet. "Your hair is going to look angelic when I'm done with you," he snickered into my ear, running his hands through my hair as if he were examining it.

Grace was seated next to me as Marie immediately began brushing through her hair. "I'm thinking something sleek, sexy, and elegant. Elegant, yet simple," Francisco seemed to have said as if he were thinking aloud. He started teasing parts of my hair to give it more body. He lathered different products through my hair to prep it correctly. I didn't know half of what he was doing, but I trusted him to the fullest.

Once he was finished, he left me a hairstyle that was just as he said: sleek, sexy, and elegant yet simple. "Oh my God, Francisco!" I gleamed, admiring my hair in the mirror, "You did amazing! Do you know how hard my hair can be to work with?" I turned to him so pleased as he simply laughed, nodding playfully with pursed lips.

I stayed seated as Bianca took over and started to examine my face. "What is she wearing tonight, Amy?" she asked, turning back to Amy who was walking around with purpose in her strides. "I'm so glad you asked!" Amy sighed, walking out of my vision and reappearing with a gorgeous black dress. It wasn't anything long and fancy, which I was honestly thankful for since I had already been stressing out at the thought of tripping.

"It's Dolce and Gabbana, black satin lace-up," she smiled as she looked at the dress. My eyes widened at this dress. It was sexy. "It's to be paired with gold accessory pieces, so key colors are black and gold," Amy noted as Bianca got to work on my face.

It took an hour for her to finish my makeup, seeming she made sure it would last all night looking like it was just applied. "You and Francisco made me so gorgeous," I gasped, unable to look away from their masterpiece. "Nonsense. Just accentuated the preexisting beauty," she smiled, hugging my shoulders as if she were proud of herself.

"I have a question for the both of you," I smirked, turning to face them both, "Can I take you home with me?" Everyone in the room seemed to laugh at my little joke that was more of a serious question if I'm being honest. Next thing I knew, Grace and I were both being dressed.

I felt like a Bratz doll, being dressed and made up. The outfit they were providing was absolutely gorgeous and something I could never afford. "Here is the cherry on top," Amy exclaimed, walking towards me with a jewelry case. She opened it to reveal the most beautiful necklace and pair of earrings.

  "Oooh, is that Cartier?" Grace asked, ogling the earrings Amy was putting on me. "Of course," she smiled, "They're $52,000." I nearly choked as she told us the price. "I can't wear any of this, Amy. What if I lose them or what if something happens to these clothes?" I started panicking, shaking my hands nervously.

  "You'll be fine. We get paid just by having you seen wearing these," she assured, fixing my hair around the necklace she placed around my neck. "Okay ladies, Simon will take you to the party. It started an hour ago, so you'll be sure to make an entrance," Amy smiled, shooing us off and into the suv.

author's note
— hey everybody! putting that outfit together made me sick to my stomach... everything pictured is designer and the prices are outrageous. i hope you enjoyed! anyways, more to come <3