seven

seven: the big, big bang
word count: 1315

In search of Don Julio, I made my way through the crowd. It felt like the amount of partygoers had grown since we'd gotten here. I was scooting past bodies, gliding against shoulders and backs with how little room there was to navigate.

I heard a small group of people laughing loudly and shouting which caught my attention. Not paying enough mind to what was in front of me, I had never even seen it coming. By the time I turned back to look ahead, it was too late; I had collided with someone.

"Oh, my God. I'm so sorry," I said, immediately apologizing and looking up. The face I was met with and the pair of eyes I was staring into made my stomach do flips. Right there, standing inches away, was Justin Bieber. "I-I, uh... Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I stammered a bit nervously.

Immediately, my thoughts started racing. Oh God, Rylee. Don't make yourself look like an idiot. Act normal! Be yourself! Don't pay attention to the fact that one of your favorite artists of all time is right there! He sweetly smiled, shaking his head lightly as he looked at me intently, "Hey, it happens. No worries."

I could only smile in response, immediately gaining the courage to introduce myself before I embarrassed myself even more. "Hi, I'm Rylee. It's nice to meet you," I said as I extended my hand out to him. "Justin... Bieber," he said, ending in a chuckle as he grabbed my hand. The moment I felt his skin against mine was comparable to an electric shock flowing throughout my veins.

Pulling myself away from staring into his eyes with his hand still in mine, I let go and forced myself to stop drooling. "I don't wanna hold you, so I'll just be on my wa-," I started, trying to escape from keeping him here. To my surprise, he cut me off, "You're not holding me anywhere I don't wanna be. Where were you headed?"

I smiled, still in disbelief that this interaction was taking place. "The bar," I said, pointing behind him as he turned to look. "I'll come with you," he smiled as he downed the rest of the drink in his hand and offered me to lead the way, "Unless you don't want me to."

"Come on," I smiled, proudly and nervously taking his hand. I pulled him behind me until we reached the bar. "Don Julio, please," I asked the bartender, getting a nod in response as he poured a glass of nineteen-forty-two and hurriedly slid the glass across to me. "Tequila girl, huh?" he smirked, leaning against the bar to look me in the face.

"Not all the time. I have to be careful with tequila, but Kehlani persuaded me," I laughed, thanking the bartender as I took a small nip. "I'll have one too, man. Thanks," he smiled, raising his finger up to signal the bartender. In the same quick manner, the bartender slid Justin his drink. "Cheers," he smiled as he raised his glass.

I smiled sweetly, "Cheers." We clinked our glasses together lightly and took a small sip. "I saw you up there singing for everyone. Those were your songs, right?" he asked, smiling at me as he started conversation. I nodded, sucking my lips inward as heat rushed to my cheeks, "They were."

"With a voice like that, we could collaborate or something," he giggled, sipping his drink once more. "I'm not famous or anything. I've been writing and singing for years, but I don't know... At times, I've wondered if I'm even good enough to actually go anywhere with this. I've never really taken that next step, I guess. Right now, I'm just taking small gigs and performing in bars back home in Nashville," I summed up.

I felt like I had said so much, but I couldn't help it. I had only ever dreamed of getting the chance to have a conversation with this man, and now it was happening in real life. "You're really good. I can tell you right now, no bullshit and no flattery, you're gonna be a star," he said, nodding his head.

"Oh, really?" I said kind of bratty, smirking at him slyly. "Yeah. One thing you should know about me; I don't lie. Second thing; I'm hardly ever wrong," he smiled. "Alright," I snickered as I rolled my eyes playfully. "Okay, okay. Second one was a joke, but seriously... the first one is true. I don't know, I can just tell. It's a feeling, I guess," he replied.

I didn't say anything but instead just looked at him intently. There were so many things I wanted to talk with him about. I knew I'd never get another opportunity other than this moment, but I damn sure wasn't about to unload all that on him. "Want me to be honest?" he asked, breaking the silence between us.

He licked his lips as he looked at the liquid he was lightly swirling in his glass. "Of course," I said, turning my full attention to him. "I've been watching you all night... Well, ever since I saw you here," he admitted, looking up into my eyes and scanning my face for a reaction.

I raised my eyebrows and widened my eyes, smirking a bit as I tried to analyze what he had said. "That," he said, chuckling a bit, "That came out kinda creepy. I just meant that I haven't been able to keep my eyes off of you." As if my cheeks weren't already red, they began to burn.

I don't know if it was the Don Julio at work, but I got the courage to be a bit flirty. "Good," I smiled, seductively sipping my drink. It seemed as if he didn't mind my slight flirting for he raised his eyebrows and bit his lip lightly. "Yeah?" he said lowly, flashing a smile.

I nodded slowly, unable to keep from softly smiling. Before either of us could say another word, I heard Grace approaching. "Um, did somebody forget about me?" she asked playfully, coming up to us and shutting up immediately once she saw who I was chatting with.

"Oh," she said with a smirk, shooting me a look that said 'that explains it', "I see you've met Bieber." Justin turned to look at her as he snickered a bit, "Hey, Grace. How are you?"

"I'm doing good. I took a little break to visit back home and ended up bringing this one back with me," she said, referring to me as she bumped me lightly with her hip. "So you're who I should blame for keeping her from me, huh?" he joked, turning to look at me and wink playfully. I swear to God, I'm gonna melt right here.

"Yeah, I've been selfish with her. Seems like you got your payback, though. She left to go get us both a drink, and now I see you've stolen her from me," she teased, asking the bartender for a drink and thanking him. "Not yet," he smirked, downing the rest of his drink and ordering another for himself. Before I could object, he ordered another for me as well.

Once our drinks came, Grace grabbed my hand. "I'm stealing her back and we're gonna go dance. Bye, Justin," she snickered, quickly pulling me away with her through the crowd. I didn't wanna leave him, but I couldn't stop Grace. I turned to look back at him still sitting at the bar. I shot him a loving and lustful look as if to say goodbye before losing him in the crowd.

author's note
— hey everybody! ahhhh we finally met our baby in this chapter. there's some tension there, don't you think? anyways, more to come <3