Chapter 28

I opened the door to the basement and headed inside. It was dimbly lit but I could see Chaewon...she was screaming and crying but her mouth was covered with tape and tied to a chair. I rushed over to her and checked she wasn't hurt before hearing the door slam behind me.

Assistant Manager: Are you serious!? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST STAY OUT OF THE WAY! THE GIRLS BELONG TO ME! I BOUGHT EVERY ALBUM I HAVE SUPPORTED THEM SO LONG! I-

Y/n: You are a lunatic.

I looked at him. He was holding a knife in his right hand. It was pointed directly at me.

Assistant Manager: NO IM NOT! I AM PROTECTING THEM! I AM THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE OF PROTECTING THESE ANGELS FROM FREAKS LIKE YOU!

What is wrong with this guy? How did he even get hired? I looked straight at Chaewon and gently wiped her tears and spoke softly to her.

Y/n: I'll keep you safe. Just hang on. Ok?

I smiled gently and stood up turning to face him.

Y/n: What do you want then?

Assistant Manager: Leave! Get away from the girls!

Y/n: Ok...lets get to know each other a little more ok? You know my name but I don't even know yours.

Assistant Manager: D-Dohwan!

Y/n: Ok its nice to meet you Dohwan...I have a question for you. Can I ask it?

Dohwan: Fine.

Y/n: Do you think you can protect the girls alone? I mean six girls. That's a lot for one person.

Dohwan: I can deal with it! I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN PROTECT THEM!

With every word that came out of my mouth I was taking a small step closer to him. I don't know how this was working but he was lowering his guard seemingly.

Y/n: Who do you think was protecting them behind the scenes? The stuff off camera. Especially until unforgiven.

Dohwan: Y-You...NO! NO ONE WAS PROTECTING THEM!

Y/n: H-Hey come on. You even said it.

Dohwan: WHY DID YOU LEAVE THEM THEN!?

Almost there just a few more steps and I could try to take him down. I don't think I've ever been so careful in my life before.

Y/n: It was a bad situation. I was in a bad place. Me being there was hurting the girls so I-

Dohwan: Took yourself out of the picture to protect them...

I dived at him. We both landed on the floor and I instantly started swinging at him. But it wasn't perfect I had to raise my arms up to cover my face and neck as he slashed at me. He used that moment to push me off him. I could feel the warm sensation of blood dripping from my arms as my cuts burnt with pain.

Dohwan: YOU WANT THEM TO YOURSELF! YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM!

I stood watching him carefully. Especially that right arm. I don't mind being hit but getting stabbed would be a problem.

Y/n: Nah. I just want to live my life. No matter how shit it might end up.

He ran at me. I just readied myself to keep the blade out of me. He swung it at my side trying to stab me in the stomach. I managed to move just enough to avoid being stabbed but ended up on the floor under him.

Dohwan: STAY STILL! ITS BETTER TO DIE QUICKLY!

He readied the knife above his head and held it with both hands. Then the motion of him swinging the knife straight down started. I instantly caught his arms and made it a battle of strength and will. My arms were in so much pain but I was stronger than him.

Dohwan: AHHH! JUST DIE Y/N! LET ME HAVE THE GIRLS THEN BELONG TO ME!

I didn't even answer him. I was too busy holding a knife back. Then I heard them. We were near the door to the room. Outside there were steps. Lots of steps. Was it the girls? Staff? I only knew when the door swung open and the guy was tackled off me.

Police officer 1: STAY ON THE GROUND!

Police officer 2: You ok?

He was talking to me. I nodded my head while catching my breath and signalled over to Chaewon who was still tied up. The officer quickly freed her and removed the tape from her mouth.

Chaewon: Y/n!

She ran straight over to me and hugged me tightly crying on my chest.

Chaewon: Idiot! Such an idiot! Why didn't you bring the other girls!?

Y/n: I didn't want them getting hurt.

Chaewon: Look at you!

Dohwan: GET AWAY FROM HIM CHAEWON-

Chaewon: DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO YOU PSYCHO!

The officers had handcuffed Dohwan and when back up arrived they escorted him out while another officer was leading me and Chaewon out.

Police officer 2: Are you really ok sir? You are bleeding a lot. We can give you an escort to a hospital.

Y/n: No its fi-

Chaewon: We would really appreciate that.

I looked at her and she glared at me.

Y/n: Its not ba-

Chaewon: Not bad? Your arms are still bleeding!

Once we were outisde I saw the other girls stood with out staff and when they saw me and Chae they all look relieved. Our main manager then sprinted over and knelt in front of me and Chae.

Manager: I'm so sorry! I-I'm the reason he was hired. He was a friends son that needed a job and-

Y/n: Its fine. Just...lets get me to a hospital before Chaewon hurts me and puts me in one.

Manager: Of course lets go!

They quickly stood up but before we could go we were asked to give statements. We did so and then were escoted all the way to the hospital where my arms were checked and bandaged. We had been sent home and under strict instructions to not let anyone in the dorm and even to baricade our room doors...that for some reason meant everyone gathered into my room.

Sakura: ...

Y/n: Noona?

Sakura: I should have given you something to protect yourself with.

Y/n: Neither of us knew he had a knife.

Sakura: We both already experienced what he was willing to do. Why didn't we just tell a member of staff?

Y/n: I...don't know...

Eunchae: Oppa. Do you think you will have a cool scar?

Y/n: No the doctors said they will heal perfectly and shouldn't scar.

Eunchae: Either way you would look cool.

Y/n: Well how about we do something special?

Eunchae: What?

Y/n: For our next comeback even if its just teasers I'll ask to have a scar somewhere.

Eunchae: Me too!

Y/n: When exactly is our next comeback I mean its soon just wh-

Chaewon: Shut up and rest!

Garam: I don't think any of us could rest unnie.

Kazuha: Hmm~

Yunjin: What you thinking Zuha?

Kazuha: How long was he with us?

Yunjin: Like almost six months...

Kazuha: W-We always said he was a bit too feely.

Yunjin: He was crazy. That's why.

Y/n: Why can't being with you girls just normal? Well as normal as being an idol could be.