Chapter 23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
"Broken"

NEW YORK CITY
PRESENT DAY

Sighing heavily, Roman Carson pushed his apartment door open and dropped his keys into the bowl on the little wooden table on his right hand side. He hated city life but found himself living in one for a job that he hated. He thought about his old life a lot but knew it was the right decision to leave it behind, at least that what he spent the last six and a half years.

He dumped his satchel down on the couch and frowned as he noticed his brother attempting (and failing) to close he window. "Damn." The brother muttered.

"What's wrong? The window stuck again?" Roman asked.

"That and my phone is no longer with us." The brother sighed as he hung his head. He only looked up again when a dove dropped a postcard on the window sill.

"What's that?"

"A postcard."

On the visible side of the postcard the word Broken could be seen. The two brothers frowned slightly as the younger one turned the postcard over; and on the other side, there was a picture of the clocktower accompanied by the words Greetings from Storybrooke.

STORYBROOKE
PRESENT DAY

After leaving Henry and Emma at the hospital, Rose had left to find the twins. She had tried calling them but neither of them were answering their phones, and she was beginning to worry something had happened.

The purple mist that had just engulfed the town and now disappeared; and for the most part Rose could see everyone was happily reuniting with their friends and family. It was such a happy sight to see but there was still a cloud of confusion over everyone's heads. They should've gone back to the Enchanted Forest once the curse broke, but they didn't.

She sighed quietly and hurried down the street, desperate to find her children. Relief filled her chest when the two of them came running up to her with their arms wide open. She quickly pulled them in and held them close, placing a kiss on each of their heads. "Are you two okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. A little confused but we're okay." Cami replied.

Noah asked, "Why didn't you tell us about any of this?"