Chapter 10

CHAPTER TEN
"7:15"

STORYBROOKE
PRESENT DAY

"Top of the morning, this is chief meteorologist Bill Gozen with your up-to-the-minute Storybrooke weather. Well, break out those galoshes, folks, it's gonna get soggy."

Emma sat at the dining table eating breakfast as she watched the weather report on the TV. She could hear Mary Margaret rushing around, but it wasn't the first time, so she didn't pay much attention to her.

The apartment door opened and Rose wondered in. "No kids today?" Emma asked.

"I tried getting them up early, but neither of them were having it." Rose said as she at the table with Emma.

"The latest Doppler shows the worst band of precipitation moving is into Storybrooke right about the time you're putting the kids to..."

As the meteorologist could finish talking, Mary Margaret rushed in with her toothbrush still in her mouth. Rose glanced at Emma, who shrugged her shoulders.

"Everything okay over there?" Rose asked.

Mary Margaret spat toothpaste into the sink. "I can't believe I overslept." She said before rushing around to get ready.

"It's only 7:10. You've got plenty of time to get to school." Emma said.

"No, I have to be there at 7:15! It's the science fair and I'm helping the kids with their project before school." Mary Margaret said.

"I'm sure if you're five minutes late, they'll live." Rose said as she stole a piece of toast from Emma's plate.

"We're making a volcano." Mary Margaret said before rushing out the front door.

*  *  *

Rose sighed as she dropped her car keys down onto her desk. She sat down in the chair and look her deputy badge out of her pocket. She looked down at it, still trying to wrap her head around the fact that this was her job and her life now.

"Still aren't sure about working here are you?" Chris asked as he walked into the room.

"I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that part out." Rose sighed. "I think it's just this town and knowing why it exists. It pisses me off that I can't do anything about it and I can't just leave and go back to the life I had."