Chapter 5

CHAPTER FIVE"Things are changing"

CHAPTER FIVE
"Things are changing"

As Rose made her way back to the B&B, she smiled as she recounted her conversation with Chris. He seemed like a great guy and those eyes. Those blue eyes. She shook her head when she realised all of her thoughts were on Chris.

She wasn't supposed to like him. She was supposed to be on Emma's side; and Emma didn't like Chris. But the man had made a lasting impression on Rose and already found a way to get under her skin.

Rose sighed as she began to walk up to the B&B's front door, but quickly stopped in her tracks when she saw Regina coming out of the building's front door. "Mayor Mills." Rose smiled politely, despite the dislike she had for the woman.

"Miss Hawkins." Regina smiled back. "You're still here, I see."

"Well, of course I am. There was no way I was going to leave Emma in a town like this by herself." Rose said.

Regina couldn't take her eyes off Rose. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't work out why Rose seemed so familiar to her. She never saw her in the Enchanted Forest, so it was impossible for her to have come from there.

At least that's what Regina thought.

As she realised a couple of minutes had passed without either of them saying anything, Regina cleared her throat. She opened to her mouth to talk more about Emma but the only words she could say were "goodnight, Miss Hawkins."

And with that, Regina left.

Rose stood there watching her go. Confused about their interaction. She could tell that Regina wanted to say more but couldn't work out why she didn't. Was it possible that Regina wasn't effected by the curse?

*  *  *

At the sheriff's department...
                                                           Emma held up a shirt - one that was identical to Graham's - and pulled a face when she looked at it. "You know you don't have to dress a woman like a man to give her authority." She said.

"It's part of the uniform." Chris said.

"Yeah, I don't care. I'm not wearing it." Emma said.

"So, you think you can get people to do what you want in that red coat?" Graham asked.

"I'm getting you to do what I want right now." Emma answered as she threw the shirt onto the desk she was standing next to.

Graham sighed. "Well, at least wear the badge. Go on. Take it. If you really want to be a part of this community, you have to make it official."