PART 11

Happy Reading🌷

Parvati woke up at her usual time and picked up her mattress from the floor. She kept it aside in the closet and went to the washroom to clean herself. She came out wearing her clothes and with wet hair.
Usually after waking up, Parvati used to bath and do puja in the mini mandir she had in her room and then go to work for Aadhiren but what should she do now?

She looks at Aadhiren who was still sleeping. What should I do? Wake him? But he is sleeping! Should I wait? What should I do!!!

She thinks and concluded that she should wake him up so that he would tell her what she should do now. She walks towards him and looks at his keeping figure, he looks so calm and peaceful not like when he awake, all worked up and frustrated.

She lightly taps on his shoulder, her bangles making jingling sounds. He frowns and opens his eyes, rubbing his face he sits up straight "Now what?" He asks. It's like a daily routine, she wakes up early in the morning and then disturbs him.

"Uhm.. voh mujhe nai pata mein kya karu" she says simply and he frowns "What do you used to do before getting married?" He asks her and she started fidgeting her fingers.

(Uhm.. I don't know what i should do next)

"I would wake up, light diya in my mandir and then start my job" she says nervously and Aadhiren nods "You know there is a mandir in this house too, you can go and light a diya there" he says and she looks at him stumbling and gulping. "N-no" she says and he frowns.

"Why, may I ask?" He asks in a frustrated voice "It's your mandir and I don't think Rani-sa would be comfortable with me lighting a diya there and I don't want her to think that I am dominanting in this house, it's hers" she says in a worried voice. Aadhiren let's out a breath "What do you say I accompany you? Ma won't have any problem if I stand along with you" he says and she nods.

"But, don't you go to gym first thing in the morning?" She asks and he shruggs getting off from bed "It's fine if I miss it one day" he says and goes in the washroom to get fresh and have a bath.

Parvati waited for 15 minutes and he was done, coming out in fresh clothes and wet hair, he motioned her to walk down. Parvati smiled and stood up from the couch and started walking downstairs.

She lead the way towards the mandir and his mother was already present there. She stopped on her way and Aadhiren noticed it, he walks upfront and wishes his mother good morning "Aadhi!! How is it possible?? Where the sun rise from today? Seeing your face in the morning near the Mandir?" She says and he was not liking her insults.

"Parvati wanted to come" he says pointing at her who was standing a metre away from them. All the attention was on her, she gulps as Ganga Devi started looking at her all of the sudden.
"Oh" she says resting her shoulders "Well now that you are the palace's bahus, it is only right if you light the diya everyone morning" she says and Parvati looks up ag her with glinting eyes. Ganga handed her the puja thali and she accepted it generously.

Parvati stepped up, put her saree's pallu on her head and started doing aarti.
After she was done, she turned around and first applied tikka on Ganga's forehead, gave her parsad and touched her feet for blessing.

Then she turned towards Aadhiren whose eyes were still half closed from sleep but he was paying attention to everything around him. He became attentive when she approached him. She placed his hand on his head when she applied tikka. She gave him parsad and he gulped down the laadoo in one go.

"Parvati hand the thali to Priya, she will spread the thali over the house" Ganga said and Parvati nodded, handing the tray to Priya, Ganga's personal help.

"Now we gotta do something for your occupation as well since you won't be working as a maid anymore" Ganga says and Parvati meekly nodded not sure as to what she should answer to that.

Parvati is not much educated, she has gone to school and graduated 12th standard but she never continued her studies. She didn't even go to college and doesn't have any degree to apply for a job somewhere.

"I was thinking we could give her some of our NGO'S to handle and get her admissioned in a college to get a degree for social work" Aadhiren says looking at his mother and then at Parvati. She didn't say anything and just nodded.

"That is a good idea" Ganga says "Parvati you come at my room after breakfast so we can discuss it okay? I will run you through the work at the NGO and we will see what college you can get admissioned in" Ganga says looking at her and Parvati had a nervous look on her face, alone? With Rani-sa? She thinks

but she couldn't deny her as well, it will be rude. Aadhiren read her expressions "It's alright Ma, don't trouble yourself, I will handle it" he says and Parvati sighs in relief "Okay beta" she says and then walks away to her room.

Parvati stares at him and he looks at her at the same time, catching her off gaurd. He caught her staring at him. She looks away immediately and her cheeks turned red.

He controls his laugh by biting his lips and clears his throat "I should go and get changed" he says and walks away towards his room.

Parvati was standing there alone, she was clueless of what to do so she went in the kitchen.

Inside there was all the chef's and servants doing their respective work. As soon as she entered, everyone looked up and started leaving the kitchen. Parvati stood in front of everyone "No no, please don't leave. Please continue your work. I won't be a trouble" she says and no one was matching her eyes.
She felt so guilty.

She spots Aditi in the corner, washing the dishes as usual. She walks towards her, her anklets making noises "Adi" she says holding her hands and Aditi keeps looking down "Good Morning, Rani-sa" she says and it broke Parvati's heart. Her breath hitched.

She pulled Aditi out of the kitchen and took her in the backyard, to a corner "Aditi please listen to me. It is not my fault, no matter what all those people told you it is not my fault! I didn't do anything. The situation turned out this way and I-" Parvati started with a heavy voice and her tears ran down her eyes.

Aditi got worried "Hey hey relax okay? I know!! This can't be your fault and Rani sa is making a false story. I trust you paro I was just waiting for your explanation and acting in front of everyone so they don't fire me" she says. It was just a mere prank but Parvati took it seriously and seeing her crying, Aditi's heart shattered.

Aidit wiped Parvati's tears and hugged her "Now tell me calmly, what happened''
She said taking her hand and sitting in the wooden log placed there.

Parvati narrated the whole incident and Aditi was furious, she felt sorrow for her friend who had to sacrifice her whole life just to save someone else's reputation.

"Rani-sa, Sir is calling for you" a servant popped out of nowhere and it started both the ladies. "I should get going, Aditi. You take care and we will talk rest in the evening okayy!?" She says and Aditi nods.

.
.
.

Thanks for reading!!
Leave your reviews:))