PART 10

Parvati was standing on one side of the bed and waiting for Aadhiren. He enters the room and sees her standing there with a pillow in her hands. She was no longer wearing her morning attire and now she wore simple salwar kameez like she used to do before marriage.

He frowns and notices that she is looking at him. He moves towards her "What's wrong? Why are you standing like that?" He asks and she doesn't know how to reply. She sighs and first looks at the bed and then looks at him. He waits for her to give him an explanation.

"Voh mujhe ess bestar par neend nai aati" she says pointing at the bed. Aadhiren nods "Why? Do you feel uncomfortable or anything?" He says.

(It is difficult for me to fall asleep on this bed)

"No no, I just don't have a habit of sleeping on the bed" she says. The servant quaters where she use to live didn't had a bed, everyone use to sleep on the floor and to be honest it was much better than sleeping on the bed.

He frowns "Where you used to sleep before?" He asks feeling confused "On the floor" she says and he makes an 'O' face. "Do whatever you want" he says moving his hand in the air and sitting on his side of the bed.

She beams inside and takes out a mattress from the closet and placed it beside the bed but still at a distance from the bed. She lays down, covering her body and trying to sleep.

No wait, am I forgetting something? What is it?? Did I turn the stove off? Oh wait I don't cook anymore. Did I iron sir's clothes for tomorrow?? Oh wait yea that's it! I didn't!! I should get it done. But is it my responsibility now? Like cooking does this chore also goes to someone else?? Na na I should do it! I don't want to risk it. And- oh wait. Oh shit!!!! What about divorce???? Should I talk to him about it?? Oh my god he hasn't talked about this marriage thingy the whole day! What should I do? I should probably talk to him. Yes. Yes I am gonna talk to him.

This is what was going on inside Parvati's head when she stood up with a jolt. She looks towards him and he was using him phone. She stands up and walks in front of him. Stopping in front of the bed.

He looks up from his phone and raises his eyebrows at her, all the bravery vanished away, she looks down "I want to ask two things" she says and he motioned her to go on "What it is?" She gulps and clears her throat before speaking.

"First, should I iron your clothes for tomorrow like before?" She says and Aadhiren frowns "Uhm yea sure" he says noding his head and Parvati releases a breath. He waits for her to continue.

"And second, what about our marriage?" She asks and Aadhiren keeps his phone away, sighing. "Parvati, ma was saying we should not divorce each other. She said it would be bad for the family's reputation and business's name will be degraded" he says and Parvati nodded "Oh so, we are a couple now? As in you are my husband? And I am your wife?" She says and Aadhiren nods.

"Yea I guess" he says shrugging. Parvati was freaking out, she doesn't understand how he is sitting there so casually while she is on the verge of having a panic attack. "But- what- how can it be. No no" she says in whispers and babbling to herself. Aadhiren stands up and walks up to her.

"Parvati, calm down. Relax, take a deep breath" he says while her chest was heaving up and down due to her state of shock. Parvati takes a deep breath and exhales.

She calms down and Aadhiren brings her water, she gulps it down in one go. "Listen, if you don't want to be in this marriage, you can totally voice it out. I don't want to force any kind of relationship" he says when she was done drinking the water. Parvati looks at him and nods and then looks away.

How will I voice it? Who will listen? And what will I do if we get divorced and Rani sa kicks me out of my job? Where will I go? What will I do?

She thinks and then turns to him "It's alright. I don't have any problem with it" she says and he nods "Great then" he says and goes back to bed. Parvati stumbles a little and then turns around to go in the closet but remembers something so she faces him again "Which suite do you want me to iron?" She says and he looks up "Anyone would do" he says and she nods before going in the closet.

She takes out the whole black one and irons it. Her mind was occupied with thoughts.

Am I really married!!?? Will I be stuck in this loveless marriage my whole life? I mean it's good. I don't think I would have ever been married and I guess it is good now that I am not a maid anymore but what will I do with my life now? I am not educated enough to get a job and I can't continue as a maid! Oh my god what if one day he decides to divorce me? What if he finds someone he loves and leaves me!!???? Oh god my future is really hanging by the thread at the moment. But what other choice do I have?

These thoughts were running through her head constantly. But she had no other option than to keep them inside her. She finishes her work and hangs his blazer in the closet before walking out.

Aadhiren was sitting on bed, typing on his laptop.
She walks up to her mattress and lies on it. She tried sleeping by closing her eyes but he called her name.

"Parvati" he says and she stands up, looking at him "Don't tell anyone about how we got married. No servants should know and especially that friend of yours, what's her name" he says remembering and she says with gleam "Aditi" he nods "Yea her" he finsihes his sentence "Okay?" He says again when Parvati didn't reply.

She sensed his annoyance and nodded "Okay" she says and he looks at her for a moment and then went back to his laptop. He was already busy, either working or drinking. The only two things he ever does. At one point when he came home severely drunk, Parvati was worried about his liver and his health.

She shrugs her thoughts and goes back to sleep.

.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading 🌷