"Muscle wastage takes time to regain." Meredith points out. "The fact you aren't wheelchair bound at this stage is incredible."

"Yeah thanks." He mutters.

Derek hits him around the head. "Don't you be rude. She's being encouraging."

"Ow I'm sorry jeez!" Mark rubs his head.

Meredith smiles. "S'alright. I'll go see if Bonnie needs help." She heads off to the kitchen. "Bon- hey, I'm sorry." Meredith pauses as she sees Bonnie quickly wipe her eyes and sniff hard.

"It's okay, come on in." She forces a smile and wipes her cheeks quickly again. "What's up?"

"I came to see if you needed help with dinner." She offers.

Bonnie puffs the air from her cheeks. "If I'm honest... I was just going to order something." She admits with a laugh. "I got nothing. My kitchen cupboards, fridge and pantry are bare."

Meredith smiles and laughs, too. "You know what, that sounds good. Saves us having to slave away while they sit on their asses."

Bonnie nods small. "How are you...?" She asks in a quiet voice as she plays with the kitchen towel in front of her.

Meredith takes a deep breath. "Up and down - it depends on the day, time of day, minute of the day if I'm being honest." She shrugs small and leans on the door frame. "You?"

"Same." She forces a smile. "We gotta get on with shit, right?"

"Right." Mer nods. "Why don't we run and grab some food? Mark and Derek got the kids covered, let's get out while we can, huh?" She suggests.

Bonnie hesitates. "I should stay with Mark..."

"You should be taking care of yourself as well as Mark and Everett." She points out with worried eyes. "Have you-"

"I've been taking my meds, I swear." Bonnie nods small. "I'm okay, honestly. I could probably do with a shower but..."

They both laugh.

"Go on then. Go bathe or shower or something, I'll run to the store and the men have the kids. Go."

Bonnie smiles small. "Thank you, Mer."

"No problem, Bonnie."

-

"You sure you don't want one?" Katie offers as she puts the packet of gummies back in her purse.

Bonnie laughs. "I can't, I told you! Breast feeding. Not all of us are kid free right now."

"Right. That suuuuucks." She groans for her friend.

Poppy rolls her eyes as she bounces with Rett. "We've been here all of an hour and you're already doing everything I told you not to." She scolds her wife.

Katie grins. "But you love me." She blows a kiss.

Bonnie smiles as she cleans the few bottles they use. "I missed you guys." She admits. "It feels... doomy around here lately. But never when you're here." She winks at Katie.

"Yo, I'm the life of the party. I know, I know." She bows.

Poppy sighs at Rett. "I'm sorry I fell in love with her, I really couldn't help it. Your aunt Becca is more normal I promise."

Bonnie giggles and checks the time. "He's almost due a fee-"

"So get some milk out and defrost it, I got it." Poppy says like Bonnie asked a dumb question.

"I can feed him fi-"

"Where's your milk?" Poppy moves to the fridge.

"Damn okay woman." Bonnie tuts and grabs a packet out, setting it on the counter. "There!"

"Your mommy's a good one huh." She coos to Rett.

"Were not having another kid." Katie says sternly to her wife as Bonnie heads to check on Mark.

She leans silently in the doorway and watches as he pedals slowly on the bike, wincing despite how slow and limp his movements are. "You're doing amazing." She says quietly.

He glances over and gives a brave smile. "Thank you. 5 more minutes."

"Just take it easy. You're only meant to do 10." She says, backing out before it becomes a fight. Things are slow in Mark's eyes and its making him incredibly sensitive. And as bad as it sounds, and as much as she wishes to help, Bonnie's in no mental state to support his state and take all his abuse.

Poppy got that sense on the phone and, low and behold, she and Katie turned up to help for the week. Then apparently Megan is coming for a few days, then Hen. Ewan and Becca, Miranda. They're all trying to help out and started a rota. Bonnie wasn't offended or hurt, but incredibly touched. She didn't realise how much people cared, cared enough to take time out of their busy lives to help her cope with hers. Before her breakdown, before Mark, before her life now? She'd have gone crazy to remain independent and alone. But with a son relying on her and a fiance set on being difficult every minute of the day, she doesn't have much choice.

She pauses mid fold of laundry as she hears something. She hears nothing so resumes, only to pause again. Is tha- he's giggling! She rushes round the corner and into the kitchen, freezing as she catches sight.

Katie has Rett with him looking over her shoulder. He's watching Mark who uses a kitchen towel to play peek-a-boo, the act incredibly hilarious to the 6 week old tot. Now it isn't a normal baby giggle by all means, she knows that'll be weeks away, but the sound is so pure and refreshing - the little inhale shrieks that babies do. She's counting it..and her heart swells knowing Mark made their son make such a happy noise. Maybe he is still her Mark...