²⁷

Mark watches the time, tapping the counter as he stares at the clock. He's nervous. Why is he nervous? It isn't like he's never lived with Bonnie before, they spent so much time together. It's not a new thing.

But it sort of is. Their relationship is different now whether they want it to be or not. So much happened, SO MUCH, and he has this deep fear it won't work out again. He just keeps reminding himself that she wasn't well. Bonnie was sick, she left because she had to get better and she can now come back because of that.

There's a knock at the door and he rushes over to it, pausing to take a breath. He composes himself before he opens it, face to face with Bonnie. "Hi." He says in a small voice.

She smiles gently. "Hi. God I'm glad to see you." She admits.

He smiles. "Come on in, let me grab that." He reaches out and grabs the suitcase.

Bonnie comes in and looks around. "This is a nice place." She muses, hands on hips as she looks around. "But how come you moved?" She wonders. She liked their old place.

"Callie is across the hall, figured it would be easier on us all when the baby comes

"Callie is across the hall, figured it would be easier on us all when the baby comes." He shrugs small.

Ah. That. Bonnie nods slowly. "That... makes sense. How far along is she? Is it all going well?"

Mark gives a subconscious smile. "Really well. She's 18 weeks so baby is about the size of a bell pepper." He recalls.

"A bell pepper?" Bonnie giggles. "Random, no?"

"A little. You hungry?" He quickly changes the subject, realising how weird it must be for her.

She takes a deep breath, thankful, and nods. "Starving. But I bet you got no foo-"

"Ah ah ah, don't speak too soon." He smirks smugly, leaning on the double fridge and pulling one half open. It's filled with healthy food.

"I don't see steaks... or ribs... or-or wings..." Bonnie says slowly.

"Diet is an important part of hormones and chemicals in our body. We will both be eating healthier." He shrugs.

Bonnie takes a deep breath. "Mark... I love you but I swear to god, if there is no steak- oh thank god!" She gasps as he laughs and opens the other door revealing the shelf of meat.

"I'm not an idiot." He rolls his eyes playfully and closes the doors. "But we will be making food at home more often, take out costs way too much and is really bad for us."

"Fit as a fiddle, me." She smiles.

"Why don't you go start unpacking and I can make some sandwiches?" He offers, nodding to the bedroom. "Half the space is yours."

She smiles. "Only half? Damn it." She grabs her case and disappears into the bedroom. Half of her clothes were left behind and she figured Mark must've thrown them once she left, so all she's got is what she took. To her surprise, however, she finds a lot of her things in the closet and drawers. He kept it all?