¹⁵

Arnie's ears ring as he looks around, dust everywhere

Arnie's ears ring as he looks around, dust everywhere. "Bonnie!" He yells, looking around. She was just ahead, where the fuck is she? "Bonnie, call out!" He yells.

Sirens wail around him and officers run over. "Sir! Sir you need to leave!"

Arnie coughs as he shakes his head. "Not a chance! Private Arnie Teller, marine. Set up a base and get bomb squad here, there have been 2 explosions already, possible there may be more. Each sounded close, loud and intense. I'm heading in to check for casualties." He doesn't wait for a response before he climbs his way through. "Bonnie!?!"

Bonnie wakes slowly, hearing her name being called. She tries to sit up but gasps, her leg pinned by some concrete. "A-Arnie!" She calls, leaning back again as she grunts. "Fuck fuck fuck." She clenches her teeth.

"Bonnie!"

"Here!" She yells.

"I can't see you!" He calls. "Can you make a loud noise!?"

Bonnie looks around and grunts as she stretches, grabbing a metal pipe. She hits it on the floor and it makes a clank, she does it a few times before dropping it, in too much pain stretching over.

"I hear you, I hear you." He promises. "But it's going to take me a minute to get to you, okay?"

Bonnie curses under her breath. "Fine, I'm fine don't rush."

"Don't be a martyr." He chuckles.

Bonnie smiles small and closes her eyes for a minute, startled as she hears shuffling beside her. She sees a young boy, maybe 15? He says something she can't understand. "I-Im sorry, I can't-"

"Who was that?" Arnie calls.

"A boy. He must've been in the building." She calls. "I don't know what he's saying."

"I think he sounds Korean." Arnie says. When he speaks, Bonnie can't understand. But the boy does. He hurries to the rubble and talks with Arnie, nodding occasionally. He looks at Bonnie and says something. Arnie groans. "You are hurt, you liar." He calls.

"I'm a martyr, remember? I'm fine." She nods at the boy.

"His name is Tae, he's going to try and help you. He says someone's hurt, he needs help, you need to go help them."

Bonnie nods. "Yeah I can help, I just need freeing."

Tae comes over, saying something to Arnie. "Okay, Bon, he's going to lift it as much as he can. Then he needs you to move as quick as you can."

"Okay." She takes a deep breath.

Tae takes a deep breath and leans down, pulling on the large piece of concrete, pulling it just enough for Bonnie to shuffle back and pull her leg free. She growls in pain but sighs in relief, taking deep breaths. "I'm out." She calls.

"Good. Go with him, be careful. I'll be there as soon as I can." He promises.

Bonnie nods and manages to stand, but is unable to use her left left. Tae opens an arm and Bonnie nods small; he wraps it around her and supports her as they move slowly, heading down a few steps. They seem to be in a basement area, hardly any light coming through the broken windows. A few people lay around but Tae ignores most of them, heading to one laid in the corner. A younger woman, maybe about Arnies age.