³⁴

"Hey hey hey, I can get tha-"

"Touch it and I'll end you."

Mark holds his hands up in surrender and suppresses a sigh as he watches Bonnie move slowly across the living room to get the tv control. He crosses his arms and waits for her to be sat down. "I was only offering because I was passing."

"And I was already up." She smiles sweetly as she settles into the cushions again. "A laparoscopy is a piece of cake okay? I have like 10 stitches and that's it."

"Yes but you had it 2 days ago, you still need to be resting. BUT," He says loudly as she goes to interrupt, "I know you're fine and can do things yourself."

She rolls her eyes and wriggles to get comfortable. "I'm fine. Hungry actually so if you want to be helpful, you could get me some chips. Or cake."

He playfully salutes. "Yes ma'am."

She smiles small and watches him go before she leans her head back with a sigh. Their happy ever after isn't turning out to be so happy. She reaches for her phone and quickly sits up. "Mark!!!"

There's a clatter and thud from the kitchen before he'd sliding across the floor in a rush to get to her. Before he can ask what's wrong, she's holding the phone out. "Fuck. Shit! They said 5 days at least. Fuck!" He cusses as he sits beside her. "Answer!!!"

Bonnie swallows, her throat dry, as she hits answer. "Hello?"

"Hi Bonnie, it's doctor Granger. Is Mark around to join us on the call?" A familiar voice asks.

"He's right here, you're on speaker." She grips Marks hand.

"Amazing. How are you feeling?" He enquires.

"A little sore but I'm okay. Nervous mostly." She admits, her eyes wandering around the room. "I take it it's not good news if you're calling so soon."

"Actually, it's a mixed batch of news. Bonnie, you unfortunately have endometriosis." He says gently, pausing to allow it to sink in.

Bonnie exhales shakily, closing her eyes; not cancer. She isn't dying. Yay? "Okay. Okay..." she slowly says. "So that's the end of it, isn't it? My womb is too hostile." She swallows hard.

"What grade is it?" Mark asks as he frowns, his free hand rubbing his jaw.

"Actually..." He slowly says. Mark squeezes her hand. "We're looking at a stage 1, bordering stage 2 within the next year. If there was ever a window to harvest some good eggs, we need to do it now. It's prime time for it and this could be our real chance. How would you feel us scheduling a harvest for your next cycle?"

Bonnie gasps in a shaky breath as she tears. "Seriously? I could do this?" She squeaks.

Mark and the doctor chuckle. "Yes, Bonnie. I make no promises, I never do, but we have a very good chance at the moment and we should act on it. How does that sound to you?"