Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

~*~*~* Cerys’ POV ~*~*~*

The Barbeque had ended quite well, but now the Alpha and Luna were going to ask us about our wedding plans… which we didn’t really have any of. To be honest, I was kind of embarrassed about it, but I wanted the day to be perfect. I was only going to get married once, after all. If anything happen to my Oreo, I don’t think I’d be able to function properly.

And he wouldn’t be, that’s for sure. Clyde and Speranza had gone up stairs to wash and sleep. They had been driving for a long time, and said that they would take their clothes out of the car as it was needed. They knew about our plans to move into the house that Oreo and I were originally in, and were planning to go there with us later. They said that they would only be staying until Speranza had given birth. It was a singular child, not a biological pregnancy. Thank goodness. I don’t think I could have handled that many children if they weren’t mine… I don’t even know if I could handle that many children when they are mine.

I smiled as I waved goodbye to the last of the pack members leaving. It was meant to be a lunch time barbeque, but had ended up finishing around dinner time. I reached out to slide my hand into Oratio’s as he smiled at me. “Come on, let’s get something to eat before we go into the Wolves’ den.” He smiled at me and gently tugged me into the kitchen, Zeno following silently behind.

I pulled our son up onto one of the chairs as Oratio began to rummage through the fridge. “I think that today went well, I don’t remember most of the names that people gave me but I think I can manage.” I started, smiling. “I told you, even five years ago I told you that they’d love you.” He replied, with his head still stuck in the fridge.

“They were even really nice to Clyde and his mate. Zeno made a lot of friends too.”

“Of course they’d be nice to Clyde and his mate, Clyde is your brother. And the children love to play with one another, they’re still too young to think about ostracizing one another from games. But, when they get to that age I think they’ll be too focussed on the fact that Zeno will become the next alpha to think about rejecting him. It’s sad, but even the children want to be friends with the person who holds authority.”

“I know. I guess it just means a lot to me, being accepted. These people are my new family now.” I admitted to him, watching as Zeno’s head began to droop downwards. “I think Zeno is really tired. After dinner shall we get him into the bath and then straight to bed?” He nodded sharply at me, juggling boxes of vegetables and meat in his hands. Ha, I don’t even have to cook. This is perfect. So much for the kitchen being a place for only women to be… Unless there’s something he’s not telling me.

I ended up putting Zeno on my lap, as Oreo started dishing out food onto plates for us. Luckily he saw what I was doing and put both food for both Zeno and I onto one plate. “Yeah, he’s really tired.” He smiled at the little one as Zeno almost fell asleep once more, his head falling down towards the plate of food but jerking up when he realized he was slipping downwards. “Close call.” I muttered as I watched him.

“Come on Kitten. Eat.” I insisted as the late of food was pushing in front of us. It looked quite nice too, steamed peas and carrots, with mashed potato and sausages. “Sorry it’s not that interesting. I’m tired too.” Oratio gave me a lopsided grin as he sat down next to us and we began to eat silently. Every now and again I’d have to bounce Zee on my knees to get him to pay attention as I tried to spoon food into his mouth, and then mine.

Sure I was tired, but I was just as equally hungry. Chicks don’t HAVE to be polite when it comes to food. We only do that when we’re in public or on first dates with people we don’t live with. I finished shovelling the food into my mouth and picked up the half asleep Zeno, balancing him on my hip as I push the chair back into the table. Oratio got our plates and put them into the sink as I walked up the stairs to give him a bath.