Chapter 43: Do I Wanna Know

Start from the beginning

The soft chime of Kazimir's bells sent Jessie into action as he pulled Toby off immediately covering his eyes.

"Be careful Toby, he can take you out with just one look." Jessie said to the struggling Toby in his arms.

"I don't care! This circus freak needs to be taken down now!" Toby said pulling away from Jessie's arms.

As soon as he turned to face Kazimir, Toby was hit with the full force of his petrifying gaze. Without making a sound Toby collapsed on the ground unconscious and in tremendous pain.

"Now that 80's rock is down why don't we continue." Kazimir said as he let his hair return the folds of his skin back to his bone-white skull.

"Y-you're a monster.."Lily whispered quietly.

"Me? A monster? Don't fool yourself, this was all Plague little lady. Besides if you want to see a real monster all you had to do was ask." Kazimir said as he brought his fingers to his mouth.

A sharp whistle echoed into the room and hall sending a shiver down Jessie's spine.

"We not only use this room for Plague's outings, we also use this to make some real nasty friends."

A sudden chime filled the air, seeming almost musical it left Jessie confused as it grew louder.

This sound..is it what I think it is?

Rustling in the room to his right snatched Jessie's attention, he gasped as he watched piles of bodies begin to rise. The slow melody played between the jaws of the beasts as they slowly rose from their bed of corpses. The many eyes that stared back at Jessie showed a deep hunger, he took a step back almost tripping over Toby.

"What the hell are those things?" Lily asked as she stared slackjawed at the growing number of rising monsters.

"They have some scientific name that some scientist who discovered them picked but we just call them the Undead Lullaby." Kazimir said taking his own step back. "We don't have the best control over them but they'll listen to us so long as we give them something to chew on."

"There can't be more, we killed the cat that made these things." Jessie said confused.

"Yeah, I heard about that, poor kitty. Well, that doesn't matter considering we have like ten more of those cats." Kazimir said as he picked at his ear. "Even if you kill them all as long as one undead lives we can make more."

"Well I'm officially bored, why don't we wrap this up already?" he said as he slammed his fist against Lily's stomach.

"Lily!" Jessie cried out.

She gasped as crashed into the floor, heaving she looked up at Jessie desperate to speak but unable to catch her breath.

"You bastard!" Jessie screamed as he forced a tendril of smoke out of the palm of his hand towards Kazimir.

Kazimir easily sidestepped the smoke ducking underneath the limb as crashed into the wall behind him. He closed the gap between them with a single stride grabbing hold of Jessie's arm and forcing it upward, it dragged the tendril along with it leaving a deep gash in the wall. Jessie struggled against his grip as Kazimir reared back his fist before slamming it into his side. A sharp pain and audible crack let Jessie know one of his ribs had snapped.

"I wanted to have a little fun with you all before the big game and I won't lie I'm pretty disappointed." Kazimir jeered as he squeezed Jessie's wrist snapping it completely.

Jessie cried out in pain as he dropped to the ground, the tendril now disappeared as his focus waned. Looking up Jessie saw the smile plainly on Kazimir's face, it was almost nice to see it fade as Lily wrapped her elongated arm around his throat.