Allergies

A/N) Kicking off with a good bit of drama and Dashton! I have allergies so I really relate to Shellington. Also has anyone noticed that Dashi eats chocolate? Even though she's a dog?

Shellington blinked away sleep as he rode the Octopod's lift up into the HQ. Tweak was uncharacteristically up early, and Dashi was uncharacteristically absent.

"Don't you usually try to sleep in?" Shellington asked the green bunny, concern creasing his face. "If you stuck to your usual late-night schedule, you would only have gotten three hours of sleep. Also, where's Dashi?"

"Baking with the Vegimals. I convinced her," smirked Tweak. "And although you're right, I value my sleep, I couldn't give up knowing how the big night went. Your unbiased, unDashied opinion."

"UnDashied?"

"You act different around her, don't ya?"

"Well yes, but... Never mind." At this point Shellington knew not to argue with Tweak. And besides, she was right, he did act differently around Dashi. Tweak waved a paw in front of Shellington.

"Ahem? The big date?"

"Oh. Yes. It went wonderfully. I showed her that bioluminescent algae I was telling you about, and we stayed at the coral reef until ten thirty or so."

"Ten thirty!? How did you bypass her curfew?"

"Well, it helps when she's right there doing it alongside-"

Shellington was interrupted by the slightly distorted sound of shouting. Kwazii was coming through the Octochutes. The said cat flipped out of the hatch with his trademark "YEOWWW!", a rather frightened looking Codish following close behind. Dashi and the rest of the Vegimals appeared out of the opposite chute. Shellington hastily clammed up.

"Dashi? I thought you were baking with the Vegimals?"

"Correction: I was baking with the Vegimals. Then Kwazii showed up and started telling another of his monster stories. Tomminow and Barrot fainted, I practically threw the fish biscuits in the oven and took all the Vegimals to HQ," Dashi sighed. Shellington chuckled at the image.

Kwazii spared a moment to shoot Dashi and Shellington a look, then continued regaling his adventures to Codish, who looked ready to faint at any moment. Tweak made an excuse about needing to clean the gups and left to the launch bay.

"Then, just as I was about to grab the fabled treasure of Gingerbeard, the Dabbalock struck! With its ghostly pale arms, it lunged from its hiding place and... Matey? Matey, you alright?" Kwazii waved a paw in front of Codish, who had fainted. "Well, I got my treasure, anyways," he shrugged and opened what looked to be a chip packet, crunching the snacks aggressively and somewhat triumphantly.

"Want one?"

"Sure," said Dashi.

"Don't mind if I do," agreed Shellington.

They both crunched their snacks as they walked to their stations. 

"Not a bad flavour," nodded Dashi.

"Hmm. It reminds me of something, but I can't remember-" A sudden wave of dizziness overcame Shellington. He grabbed out and took Dashi's paw to steady himself. It was as if his knees had decided to stop functioning. No, it was like all of him had decided to stop functioning. He started to black out...

"Shel? You okay?" Dashi's Australian tone was bent with concern. The sea otter was alternating between blinking rapidly and falling asleep. "Shel! Wake up!" Nothing. Dashi felt panic rise. You're the calm one, she told herself. Just stay cool.