8

I hummed when I awoke to my hair being stroked, Meliodas had been watching me sleep with a soft smile on his face, "Hey." I grinned and kissed his lips softly, "Hi!" "What do you wanna do today, Seph?" he asked softly, I poked his nose playfully. "I wanna meet more of your people. I see them everywhere but I haven't talked to anyone aside from you, Zel, and your father," I suggested. After we finally got out of bed, Meliodas took me to meet the Ten Commandments, who I found out he was the leader of. "What Commandment are you?" I asked, the others watched their leader with me diligently. It was then I realized that only I and maybe Zeldris saw the other side of Meliodas. "I'm known as Meliodas the Love. Anyone with hatred in their heart for me can no longer find a will to fight," he responded coldly.

We headed through the castle to meet Meliodas' mentor when we heard a voice from behind us, "So this is the succubus Young Master Zeldris told me about." We turned around to see a tall demon with a long pink mustache. "Cusack, this is Persephone. Persephone, this is Zeldris' Master, Cusack," Meliodas introduced us in a low voice, he didn't seem to like that Zeldris was talking about me. Cusack stared me down as if daring me to use my magic on him. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Cusack," I greeted cheerfully, I knew better than to try to use my magic on someone like him. He narrowed his eyes at me briefly then surprised me by scooping me into a hug, I yelped in surprise and looked at Meliodas with bewilderment. "My Young Prince just looks so smitten when he talks about you! You'd be so precious together and you'd have the most precious children!" Cusack was rambling but Meliodas wasn't having it, he grabbed hold of my hand and shoved Cusack off me. "That's enough. Persephone will be with me the rest of the day," he asserted and pulled me away, just in time for another demon to approach us. "Young Master Meliodas! The Demon King tells me you've got yourself a succubus!" the green haired demon exclaimed as he looked me up and down, his eyes were filled with anger, though he tried not to show it.

"Chandler, we were on our way to find you. This is Persephone," Meliodas' voice changed ever so slightly when speaking with Chandler, like when he spoke to Zeldris. Did he care about him or was it just due to familiarity? "It's wonderful to meet you, Chandler," I greeted with a smile, he frowned at me slightly. "The pleasure is all mine, Persephone," he replied quietly as he glared at me. Did I do something wrong? After Meliodas chatted with Chandler for a bit, he gave me a tour around the demon realm. "It's much more vast than I expected," I commented, I was still preoccupied with my interaction with Meliodas' Master. "Is everything alright, Seph?" Meliodas asked, I must have had a faraway look on my face. I hummed, "Did I do something to upset Chandler earlier?" We sat down on the wall of holes that were portals to all the different realms and various entries to Britannia. Meliodas sighed heavily, "Chandler has known about you since the first time you visited me when I was 126 years old. I hid it from him after I met you in person and he found me unconscious. Chandler has been like a father to me, naturally he was furious and I'd assume doesn't trust you in the slightest." I sighed and pouted, "I wasn't going to hurt you! You were just the only one strong enough that I could take enough energy from to sustain myself without killing you!" He grinned and kissed my pouty lips, "I know. If you had wanted to kill me when we were kids, you would've. He'll come around, don't worry." I couldn't help but grin back then pushed him down into the dirt to climb over and kiss him needily.

The next morning I stretched in bed, he squeezed me against him tighter then kissed me sweetly, "Do you want to go to Britannia today?" I shook my head, "I'm spending the day with Zeldris today, remember?" He frowned and pushed himself up on his elbow, "What? But...you said you loved me. I told you I love you, that I wanted you to only be with me." I frowned back, "I told Zeldris I'd spend the day with him. Meliodas, I love him too. I feel the same feelings for him that I do for you," my blunt words left him feeling shattered. My hearts dropped when I saw tears well in his eyes, "...What? You love Zel too?" he whispered. I nodded slightly, this evidently wasn't okay either, "Mel, I-" His entire demeanor changed to one of coldness, "Just...go find my brother. I need to think." Tears stung my own eyes now, "Meliodas, wait!" He ignored me as he hurriedly went into his bathroom. A few tears dropped down my cheeks before I decided to leave him with his thoughts. I threw on clothes and went across the hall to Zeldris' room.