20

I couldn't help but worry where Zeldris had wandered off to, though given he was in Meliodas' clothes I knew he'd come back eventually. He was too prideful to return to the other Commandments without his own clothes and most of all, his sword. "Mel, should I go after him?" I asked after we got up to head downstairs. He hummed, "Nah, he'll come back. Why don't you go get some coffee and breakfast? I need to run an errand!" I tilted my head a little, "What errand? Can I come?" He kissed my forehead and grinned, "You'll get bored. I'll be back in no time!" I was about to protest but he jumped out the window of our room and took off, surprising me. I pouted briefly before leaving our room to do as he insisted, I needed coffee after yesterday. "Good morning!" I exclaimed as I landed on the first floor, Hawk yelped as I'd scared him from being so loud. I giggled, "Sorry, Hawk!"

After grabbing some breakfast and coffee, I sat at the bar where Hawk and Diane quickly surrounded me. "Persephone, what's Zeldris like? Who do you love more, Zeldris or the Captain?! I don't know how anyone could love someone more than the Captain, he's just so cute!" Diane spoke excitedly, it made me giggle. I drank a big swig of coffee, "Zeldris is reserved and quiet around most but with Meliodas around he's a little more outgoing in that he gets annoyed by his brother easily. He's actually a really big sweetheart and blushes a lot, it's super cute!" Diane had hearts in her eyes, "Awwwww!! But who do you love more?! Surely you know!!" A small thoughtful smile appeared on my face as I stared at the little bit of coffee still in my mug, "I met Meliodas when we were very young, Zeldris wasn't even born yet. I infiltrated Meliodas' dream to take some of his energy. I'm the heir of the leaders of my clan, they were wiped out. I'm very powerful and Meliodas was the only being I could find that I could both take his energy without killing him but also take it in general. Since he was so young, he didn't know how to block my magic out yet. I fell for him as soon as I looked into his blue green eyes. But when I met Zeldris for the first time, we were adults and Meliodas had been blocking me from taking his energy by then. He'd grown rather cold due to his father. He actually used Zeldris as bait but that's besides the point. I saw Zel and instantly fell for him too! I love them the exact same, that's why I can't choose despite knowing they want me to."

--Meliodas' POV--
"Zeldris," I called out his name as I found him hanging out near a stream, he ignored me. I exhaled sharply through my nose and stomped up to him, I grabbed his shoulder and forced him to look at me. I gasped, he was crying, "Zel?" He wiped his eyes quickly, "What do you want?" I sat down next to him, "Are you okay?" He glared at me, "It's none of your business, so don't ask!" I scowled at him in annoyance then my face softened, "I'm sorry I shut you out before the war...I couldn't handle Father hammering down on me after Mother passed. It wasn't fair to you. I'm better now...and I'm here for you, buddy." He maintained his glare for a few more moments before tears fell down his face again and I was shocked yet again as he hugged me tightly and sobbed on my shoulder. I smiled softly to myself and hugged him back, stroking his hair to calm him. "Now what's going on?" I asked after his sobs had quieted down. Zeldris sniffled a couple of times, "It's just...I thought I'd never see her again. I saw her once after you left the realm with her and when I learned it'd been 3000 years..."

My hearts wrenched, I didn't think about it like that and could see why he was overcome with emotion. "Sephi's been with you for all those years and I just...I don't want to lose her. What if it's been too long and she doesn't love me anymore? I know you love her too and don't want to share her anymore than I do but it's killing me and when she said she isn't going to alternate between us...I couldn't take it. She doesn't love me anymore, does she?" he choked out the last question, I stared at him blankly then flicked his forehead. He held his forehead and growled, "What the hell was that for?!" "You dummy. Seph has been asking me every few months if there's a way to unseal you. For 3000 years. She loves you just as much as she did the day you were sealed," I explained quietly, "Aside from the 16 years she was in a coma, she has been wishing to see you the entire time." His face softened and tears welled in his eyes again but they didn't fall down his face, "That's a relief...but Meliodas...I don't think I'm strong enough. I can't betray our clan." I smiled again, "I have an idea, will you come back to the Boar Hat with me?"