"I believe so yes, are you ready?"

"Yep! Got our bags, the portal is lit and ready to go."

"Perfect, Foolish said he'd meet us on the other side, let's go."

George takes the lead, the other two following behind him. The younger of the three jumps through the portal and Alastair grabs the blonde's hand.

"Ready?"

"I think so."

"Just take a deep breath, I'll be right here with you."

The boy nods and they step through the purple fog.

"Alastair!"

"Foolish!"

The brunette hugs the taller, George rolling his eyes.

"He's in the backyard with Sapnap, George."

"Great, see you later Al!"

"Is this the friend you've been telling me about? The one that survived your dad's attack?"

"Yes, this is the friend I was telling you about." They give the totem a look.

The boy stops looking around in awe, now looking at the two confused, "What?"

"Nothing! Let me show you around." They grab his hand, pulling the shorter away from Foolish.

"Wait so he doesn't know?"

"Foolish."

"What? All I did was ask a question."

"Don't know what? What is he talking about?"

"How their dad wiped out your-"

"Nothing, he's crazy, don't listen to him."

"So, you haven't told him."

"Foolish, shut up."

The blaze pulls his hand away, stopping in his tracks, "What is he talking about."

"It's nothing, really."

He turns to Foolish, "What don't I know."

"Foolish."

"Their dad attacked your village, wiping out the whole race. You're the only to survived and he was going to kill you, but George got attached so now when George gets bored with you, he'll just kill you."

"Foolish!"

"He wanted to know! You can't keep that from him."

"...You knew about this?" He turns to Alastair.

"Technically yes but-"

"Does George know?"

"No but that doesn't matter, he's too busy with his friends and-"

"And I'm going to die....it's not like when we were kids, he's not attached to my side anymore."

"You're not going to die-"

"You knew about this. You knew and you never told me!"

"I thought I had more time."

"That's why you brought me here, isn't it? So, I could see the Overworld at least once before I died."

They look away, fiddling with the cuff of their sleeves.

"I can't believe you...I trusted you."

"We can fix this; I can fix this." They reach out for him only to get their hand slapped away.

"Don't touch me. I'm not going back there! My home was destroyed, I lost my family and you lied to my face for years."

"The Nether is your home, George and I-"

"You lied to me, and George doesn't even know what's happening. I'm not going back."

"Where will you go? The End is below freezing, you'd die. The Overworld gets cold and rains."

"I'll figure it out, the Nether is no longer my home. I'm renouncing any title or place I have there."

"You can't do that."

"I just did."

"You need a royal signature for that and I'm not signing it."

"As the last of my species that automatically would make me heir to the throne of my race therefore making me royalty therefore, I don't need your signature."

"Just hear me out-"

"Goodbye Alastair, you and George are better off without me."

Tears fill their eyes, "After everything we've done for you that's it? You're just going to walk away?"

"Yep."

"You should've died with the rest of your kind." They storm off, wiping at their eyes angrily.

"Al wait!"

The blonde smiles, tears threatening to fall as he walks away.

He would not die, not today.

Thunder roars in the distance, a few drops of water making his skin burn.

"Great, just great." He sighs, ducking under a tree.

"Are you ok?"

He looks up at the goat standing a few feet away.

"Yeah, just need the rain to stop."

The boy holds out his umbrella, "Come on, we should get you dried off before that scars."

He hesitates but goes with the shorter, enjoying the shelter from the rain.

"So, what's your name?"

"...Tango, you?"

"Zedaph but you can call me Zed."

"Wait wait wait, you're the person in the story?"

"Yep, you told me your secret, so it was only fair I told you mine."

Grian hugs Tango, "Thank you and I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's fine, I'm here, aren't I?"

"I'm glad you're here, the Nether is stupid anyway."

"Yes, it is."

"Is that why EX called you a Nether traitor?"

"Yep, but I don't mind."

Tango looks out the window as rain races down the glass. This was his home, and he wouldn't trade it for the world.