Dad

"Dad, how was it?" I said opening the door, dad walked through, no Derek, so he must be at his house.

It has been a week since the kiss between me and Kaiden, we, mainly me have tried to make it not uncomfortable but I always think when he looks at me, it uncomfortable, I don't want to not be mates with him, he fun to hang with, that kiss might have ruined it.

"It was fun, I got the last of your makeup, in the bag there." He pointed to the carrier bag in the corner with the more of the moving stuff that we left in storage, I took the things I needed and went back to my room.

"Where's Derek?" I said walking to the bathroom to add the new the makeup to the others. Dad walked I adding his men stuff, he looked at me through the mirror, did they fall out, did they stop the partnership. "Did you fall out did the partnership stop."

" No, he had to go to Florida, his mother died. His father called two days ago, he got on a plane and left." He said looking like he was going to break down in tears.

"Oh, sorry to him, when is he coming back?" I said sadly, even though I didn't like him at first, the more I got used to him, he is alright.

"Tomorrow, he didn't want to go to the funeral, for some reason, he hasn't told me." Dad said walking out of the room, taking out his phone, maybe to see if Derek messaged, he walked into his room, I didn't want to follow but instinct told me to. When I walked I tot he room he was sat in his bed, he was on his laptop, looking at offices near us, I sat next to him.

"He's fine dad, he has his family." I said cuddling up to him like I did when I was a child. He embraced me into a hug with one of his hands. Right on time Kaiden was ringing and messaging, I can't be arsed tonight, I turned off my phone and fell asleep.
*
"Baby wake up, we have to get Derek from the airport p." Dad said rushing around, he was getting his close on in the bathroom, I walked out of his room into mine, taking a hoodie and another pair of jeans and put them on.
We walked out of the door, and got in the car, I got in the back so I could fall asleep on the way there.

"Are you ok?" Dad said when Derek walked up to us and stopped in front of us, Derek did a small smile that looked like it hurt p, he walked to the car and got into the passenger side, I got in the back and sat down, dad got in and started the car, it was quiet drive home.

"Derek, do you want a coffee?" Dad said in the kitchen, me and Derek was in the living room, he was showing me photos of his family and friends, he seemed so happy, some of the photos where when he was young up until a teenager then the pictures with his mum stop mainly friends. Wonder why?

"Yeah, two sugars." He shouted back to dad, seconds later dad appeared in a while with two coffee and my cream soda, he handed me it then the coffee to Derek, he sat down next to him and turned the TV on p, he put on an Adam Sandler film, I think it is the water boy or Happy Gilmore.

I can't remember what happened but the next thing I remember is me falling asleep and failing to lay on Derek, he didn't stir and let me, maybe because he was half asleep. I closed my eyes and we was asleep.
*
"Cassidy, wake up, go to bed, it's late, remember it's summer, no school." Dad said waking me up off Derek, I stood up and hugged dad, did mine and Derek's handshake with Derek and started my way up the stairs. Derek and my dad was talking about something, I'd didn't sound like work but I can't be arsed to listen in, I'm to tired.

Third person
"Tell her." Derek said before walking to the kitchen with the bottles that had been left, Cassidy's dad following him into the kitchen.

"I can't, how do I tell her." He said, Derek turned around from the sink and looked at him, he was nearly in tears he thing they are talking about is going to be big and maybe upset everyone.