Chapter 80: Power-hunger II [Adumfor Arc II]

Start from the beginning

Iskra: Ugh...!

Iskra quickly gets up, despite being hurt, she seems to shine a bit in light as it indicates she is recovering using her sun energy. Vlad once more was in front of her in an instant and she gets kicked in the head, cancelling the regeneration move, but as he tried again he catches the kick and then let's go and punches him in the chest and pushes him back. Iskra breaths and charges something.

Iskra: I haven't gotten to perfect this technique yet, technically 2 techniques, using the sun energy to buff myself and the star blast. However, you are lucky enough.

Vlad runs towards her again, but this time she blocks the punch he attempts at her and then she kicks him in the chin and then punches him in the face, but the third punch got caught and Vlad used his water bottle and opened it and send all water, making Iskra completely wet and that pissed her off and she tried to punch her brother, but he dodges and uses his energy manipulation and sends Iskra back and creates an electric lighting based attack and sends it and hits Iskra giving her a shock due to her being completely wet. She screams in pain for 2 seconds and then the lighting stops, leaving her to get on her knees. Vlad walked up to her and looked at her.

Iskra: O-Ow... That was smart, not gonna lie...

Vlad: Welp, that fight is over.

Vlad turned around and pulled out his phone and rings up Elaina's phone number.

Vlad: Hey, Elaina. I managed to at least stop Iskra from trying anything stupid just as the report said and of course I will bring her to the castle under the queen's orders.

Meanwhile with Elijah, he was eating his afternoon snack in his break as the Cursed Energy Devil explains the reversed cursed technique which is considered reverse cursed energy by Adumfor kingdom and such, as he eats both sense someone nearby.

Cursed Energy Devil: Huh, that presence, it's powerful.

Elijah: Devil, here besides the Control devil?

Cursed Energy Devil: Seems like it. Prepare, his energy is not friendly.

Elijah's collar was turned off, suddenly he was a bit surprised, but the Cursed Energy devil explains these collars are powered by cursed energy and that is why they were so strong on non-cursed energy users.

After that the Cursed Energy Devil is gone and Elijah could hear the footsteps of someone and, it seems to be a girl, a school girl... He sighs, but then quickly he sends an electric orb at the girl and she dodges.

Asa: You know, I came all the way from Japan to explore Adumfor, just to be attacked...

Asa Mitaka, she had some scars on her face and it was weird, Elijah stood on his guard after his first attack failed.

Asa: But seems like I sense trouble, you made some sort of contract with a devil, didn't you?

Elijah: What are you talking about-

Asa was already in front of him close up and punches him in the chest 3 times and kicks him back as he crashes into a tree.

Asa: Do not play dumb with me, your here in Adumfor and made a contract with a devil. That devil in particilar works with the Control devil. But hey, he knows very well it is hard to keep control over the host's body, but it has been 72 hours...

Asa prepares and looks at Elijah as she turns a yoyo into a long chain weapon with sharp edge on the top and she looked at him.

Asa: I came to see how strong you are, I am uninterested in your knowledge about peace.

Elijah gets up and runs towards Asa, attempting to punch her, but she backed off and using the chain lands the sharp part of it on Elijah's left arm and then uses it with her strength to spin around with him and throw him away high in the air and then the chain turns back to the yoyo and she runs at fast pace, as he lands safely with his electric armor, it turns off, but it was a mistake as Asa kicks him in the balls and punches him, but some kind of wall stopped her from landing it which gave him an opening to return the punch, but in the face and then another punch with imbued cursed energy and then a barrage switching between electricity punches and cursed energy punche sand then he grabs one of her boobs and rips it off, giving her a major injury, but in exchange for that she headbutts him and bites his neck a bit stealing some blood and she backs away, regenearitng her left side where she lost her boob.

Asa: Impressive, really... To think you would do that to a girl.

Elijah spits off that ripped part on the ground and he backed away as it exploded and then he dodged a knife throw and suddenly the knife exploded knocking him straight to her and then he gets grabbed by the head and slammed against the ground hard and then she picked him up and Asa threw him further this time making him crash into a rock which he breaks and he crashes into the second rock.

Asa was quick to run over and stand in a great distance as he got up.

Asa: Reversed cursed technique, pretty ancient and pretty good for recovering fast. With the price if overused is it damages the brain. Well then, I calculated your strengths and weaknesses. Kanomato, we will meet again in Japan, if you are alive till then that is.

Elijah tries to strike her with lighting, she was gone. The Cursed Energy Devil appears.

Cursed Energy Devil: That was quick, was expecting her to do more and maybe even try to end your life, but it seems that Yoru is still the same. She might've maybe started losing control over the girl she control and that is why she said that.

Elijah: So wait, I was fighting two different people?

Cursed Energy Devil: Only Yoru, to be blunt Asa isn't that strong, just a regular human with no manifestation, but has great physical speed. However, gotta be careful, next time ya won't be so lucky and especially with how long we got until the Eclipse in August 15th, it is better to work on greater cursed energy output.

Elijah: Alright, but first let me recover.

After that he recovers, but it seems like as he does at the airport of Adumfor capital, a woman just comes out with some luggage and a smile on her face with long light red/pale auburn hair, normally kept in a loose braid with bangs reaching just past her eyebrows and two longer side bangs that frame her face. Her eyes are yellow with multiple red rings within them, making them the only visible sign of her inhuman nature. The woman wears a black jacket with dark grey shirt underneath, shorts, socks and sneakers.

End of Chapter