Don't shoot!

"I'm still breathing
I'm alive
You took it all, but I'm still breathing" - Sia, Alive

"WHO LET THEM ESCAPE!?" the Alpha roared, his voice echoing like thunder. Everyone in the room froze. I dropped the plate I was cleaning and it smashed on the floor. Shards of porcelain ricocheted off my feet.

His eyes immediately snapped to mine. Rage contorted every line of his face as he grabbed a hold of my hair and punched me squarely in the face. I fell back but he yanked me up, dazed, and dragged me outside.

"You know you'll die for this!" he informed me, tossing me to the floor. I landed with a thud - the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't even reply had I wanted to as he immediately began pounding me.

I shut off and blocked everything out like I was used to except, of course, he had never really meant to kill me before.

He stopped.

I wanted to see why, but I couldn't raise my head - the world was spinning. I knew a crowd had gathered. There was a sharp pain in my chest.

"Son, you found your mate, correct?" I heard the Alpha asked, muffled by the buzzing my ears. I could feel that my nose was bleeding, as it dribbled down my chin.

"Yes?"

"Then I have one more test for you before I give up my position to you."

The crowd waited with baited breath, although I could not care who would be the one to actually kill me. Except, maybe, that Drake would be kinder.

"Sure, but I'll take her out to the woods. I'm not letting the children watch what I'm about to do to her."

I tensed up in fear, surely he didn't mean-? No-one had ever-no, no he would not do that. This was Drake...My heart was pounding uncomfortably in my chest, the pace rising with each stab of pain and terror.

The Alpha chuckled.

"I'm proud of you son."

"Let me just get my shot gun."

"Shot gun?"

"Yeah, you know, like how the hunters put down the rogues. It's the same thing isn't it?" he asked cruelly. I could hear the sneer in his voice.

"Sure, although personally I think that's a quick death, she betrayed the pack..." Alpha trailed off uncertainly, he wanted me to suffer. Hadn't I suffered enough?

"Oh no," Drake corrected him, "I'm certainly going to have fun with this one first."

He kicked me and I squeezed my eyes tight shut as a broken rib exploded with pain in my chest. It was getting hard to even take short breaths through the violation my body had suffered. I blacked out, I don't know for how long, but the next thing I know I'm being hauled up into the air by my neck. I gag and cry out, before my hair is grabbed instead and I'm yanked towards the forest. I trip and stumble but he relentlessly pushes me forward. No pack members stop him.

I was really going to die.

I didn't want to die!

I struggled against him and screamed the loudest I could, but the cold metal of a gun pressed to my temple silenced me and I seized my futile attempts to escape fate.

"That's right, runt." Drake
grunted, "Now move!"

He pushed me forward and I fell down onto the forest floor, scraping me knees painfully but he wasted no time as he hauled me up again and pushed onward. I cried openly, hot tears streaming down my cheeks to mix with the blood. My knees became raw and bled every time he pushed me and I stumbled, mud coating my clothes and rocks digging into my bare feet.