CHAPTER 66

No. Zeth had to trust Evie, no matter how much of a control freak he was.

"Well, we'll film the part where Everett and Kevin sing together when he arrives, we cannot waste any more time," Paul said, sitting down in his director's chair at the centre of the circular neon graveyard. "Come on, guys! There's a lot to do, and we can do it!"

"What should we do after this?" Finn whispered in Zeth's ear. "You still haven't given me an answer yet. What will we do with the blonde? Do you think Evie can convince her to be our ally?"

"Evie won't, but Kevin will." Zeth nodded, "I chose him not because of his powers, but because he is the best to turn enemies into allies, he proved that with Draco."

"And you really think that stubborn blonde will fall for Kevin's smile?" Finn gulped.

"War taught me that you can control nothing but your own actions," Zeth said, looking up to see Draco hanging upside down from the cemetery gate, laughing like a child. "Kevin must be even more nervous than us, he is face to face with the murderer. I trust him though. We're going to do our job, film, and then we'll see, but in the meantime... Draco, get down from there!"

Before long, the boys were in their places, ready, while Paul watched a monitor and a cameraman slid across the dry ice smoke and gave a thumbs-up.

Zeth took a deep breath. He just had to move his lips to match the lyrics of the song and dance a little, nothing more. But now, he was as tense as when the Zeldrichs crossed Guardian Fort to attack Evalon, starting with Moonfall.

Zeth had traded swords for microphones and martial arts for dance moves, but something about this setting, maybe the neon colours, the dry ice, the darkness, the howling, or the flashes of light with each lightning sound effect, reminded him of the Zeldrich War.

His skin prickled. He couldn't help it; his eyes darted everywhere.

"Hey Zeth... Are you okay?" Paul asked from his director's chair, looking at him through the screen. "Didn't I tell you to get into character? You look tense!"

"Yes, I'm fine, sorry," Zeth said with a little effort to sound convincing, "Let's do this."

The door burst open then, startling everyone.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Kevin shouted, running as he adjusted his bowtie. "There was a lot of traffic!"

"Traffic? You just had to take the lift outside the Solar, walk down the Eternal Hallway and get in here. And the hallway was empty the last time I checked," Paul said as Kevin took his place next to Everett near a tall green-lit tombstone, "Jesus! You look exhausted."

"Just a little sleepy." Kevin clapped his hands and jogged in his place, "Come on! Let's do this!"

"I hope you don't mind us being spectators," Evie said, entering the Ball Room with Jade, Blackfox, and... The angry blonde?!

"A su puta madre!" Alex immediately took a step back with a defensive arm up. "Y esta pinche güera qué hace aquí?!"

"We're going to die," Frank grimaced.

"We never really die," Everett said, lost in infinity.

"I don't think so. She looks calmer," Finn turned to look at Zeth. "I think you were right."

"I'm always right," Zeth checked his nails.

"What's that girl doing here?!" Draco asked, hanging upside down again from the gate. "Didn't she want to kill us?!"

"I didn't want to kill you. I just wanted Jade to be my hostage," the blonde admitted. "But I pose no threat now, I promise."

"She's direct. I like Angry Blonde," Everett smiled very, very slightly.