Ch. 28 - Loud Again

When they arrived at the mansion, the kakushi walked (y/n) to a room with thick blinds and a bed in the farthest corner of the room with a single bedside table.

"Is this room alright for you, (l/n)-san? If not-"

"It's good, thank you. I can make do until I am released."

(Y/n) interrupted, bowing his head politely to the kakushi.
Then, before the kakushi could realize it, (y/n) pulled the blinds open to let light into the room.
He hummed happily as the sunlight touched his exposed skin, walking back to the kakushi at the door.

"Is there anything else, or can I be left to my own devices?"

He asked patiently, to which the kalushi glanced at each other.

"Well, Kamado-san requested to see you after the meeting if you survived. Would you be willing to follow us again, (l/n)-san?"

One of them asked quietly, and (y/n) agreed to follow them.
They left down the hall and he followed closely, wondering why Tanjiro wanted to see him.
The boy was oddly kind for how young he was, but it was refreshing to see such a sweet soul in a bloody world like this one.
While they walked to where the boy resided, (y/n) noticed that the hallway looked familiar.
Sure, everywhere in this place was probably the exact same in most ways, but it was too familiar.

When they reached the room (y/n) assumed Tanjiro was staying in, he could hear familiar chatter just beyond the door.
The kakushi slid open the shoji door to let (y/n) in, revealing exactly who he was expecting to see.

Tanjiro sat on the bed between the blonde and boar boy, looking at (y/n) with that bright smile from before.

Before (y/n) could object, he was ushered inside by the kakushi, and the door shut behind him.

"EEK! What is he doing here again!? GET HIM OUT OF MY ROOM!"

The blonde squealed, making Tanjiro tilt his head in confusion.

"Huh? Have you two met already?"

He asked innocently which made (y/n) snicker.

"HE'S LAUGHING AT MY PAIN! He's the one who threw a cup at me earlier!"

The blonde shouted, dramatically tossing and turning on his bed.
Tanjiro's lips tugged into a frown and he looked over to (y/n) as if he was asking him for confirmation.

"He woke me up with his screaming and hollering. He was also making trouble for the poor girl who was giving him his medicine."

(Y/n) explained, not denying that he threw a cup at the child.
Then the blonde started shouting again, pointing at (y/n) accusingly.

"You didn't have to throw a cup at me, you bully!"

He argued, trying to defend himself.

"Yeah, I should have thrown more because one clearly didn't work."

(Y/n) threatened, reaching for the closest cup.
Seeing this made the boy screech and cover his head, crying for mercy.
(Y/n) threw the cup anyway and the boy fell back dramatically like before.
Tanjiro had tried to intervene, but (y/n) had already thrown the cut before he could get a word in.
He could smell that (y/n) hadn't thrown the cup out of malice, though, so he wasn't worried.
(Y/n) only threw it hard enough to get him to shut up, not actually hurt the child.

"What did you wish to talk about, Kamado-kun? The kakushi said that you requested to see me after the meeting."

(Y/n) asked which made the boy sit up properly in the bed.

"Oh, yeah! I wanted to introduce you to my friends, but it seems like you've met them already."

Tanjiro chuckled awkwardly, gesturing to the other two boys in the room.
(Y/n) hummed and put a hand on his chin thoughtfully.
After a few moments of thinking, he nodded to himself and sat next to Tanjiro on his bed.

"Why don't you tell me about them anyway? We never had a proper introduction."

He suggested, smiling under his mask as Tanjiro's face lit up.
Tanjiro then went on to tell (y/n) all about Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibira Inosuke.
He talked about all of the accomplishments he and his friends had achieved together in such a short time of knowing them, and he was practically glowing with pride.

Before they knew it, an hour had gone by, and (y/n) listened patiently the whole time.
He even chimed in with little questions here and there to let the boy talk till his heart's content.

When they said their goodbyes and (y/n) went to leave, Tanjiro asked something that made (y/n) stumble over himself.

"Do you have any children, (l/n)-san?"

It was an innocent and simple question, but it made all of (y/n)s memories hit him like a brick.

"No, why do you ask?"

(Y/n) lied, not wanting to think about any of it longer than he had to.

"Well, I met a boy not long ago who's eyes were the same color as the makeup you have on. Was it just a coincidence, then?"

Tanjiro questioned, putting a hand to his chin thoughtfully.
On one hand, (y/n) didn't want to just tell this boy everything, so in the end, he chose to tell him most of the truth to get it out of the way.

"Alright, you got me. I had two sons once, but that was a very long time ago."

He answered, earning a strange look from the boy.

"What happened to the other? The one who wasn't Sabito?"

He asked, sounding a bit worried about the answer.

"He is alive, which is more than I could ever ask for. His safety is all that matters. If staying away from him for eight years keeps him alive, then that is what I will continue to do."

(Y/n) stated, not an ounce of doubt in his words.
He still blamed himself for Sabito's death...

"But what if he misses you? What about his happiness?"

Tanjiro asked, his lips tugging into a frown.
(Y/n) was silent for a while after the boys' concerns but eventually ignored them altogether.
In his mind, leaving Giyu with Urokodaki was keeping him safer than if he had stayed.
To him, the boy's life was much more important.
He felt like he had to stay away from Giyu to avoid losing him like Sabito.
He couldn't lose another...

"I hope to see you tomorrow, Kamado-kun. Enjoy your afternoon, and may you rest well tonight."

(Y/n) replied, leaving the room.
Tanjiro remained there for some time, looking towards the door with that worried frown etched onto his features.
He could tell there was much more to (Y/n)'s reasoning than simply keeping his son alive, but he didn't have a chance to interrogate the demon.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

1,152 words, not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Ahh! Hello! This chapter has been ready for like 10 days and I thought I posted it! Sorry! Maybe expect a double upload today because the next part is ready, too! I did not mean to be gone for so long, my dears! Anyway, I hope all of you lovely people have wonderful days/nights!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Secrets unlocked: x3!}》

《{(Y/n) really just wanted to be alone after the meeting, but he couldn't ignore Tanjiro's request to see him! He would have felt bad.}》

《{Inosuke still found (y/n) throwing a cup at Zenitsu hilarious, but he physically could not laugh!}》

《{(Y/n) brought Zenitsu some sweets to apologize when Tanjiro and Inosuke were asleep later in the day because he was worried he had hurt him!}》