Ch. 11 - Demon of the well

A/N - Urokodaki's PoV! I made an edit to the character log, but if you didn't catch it, this part of the story will skip 98 years! Urokodaki will be estimated to be around 55 so that it lines up with the main story later when he's estimated to be 70! This chapter will be kind of short and I am sorry for that! Please understand that my update "schedule" will now be at least once a week to every other week! Enjoy!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

"Kaw! Urokodaki Sakonji! Head to Mount. Sagiri! There have been sightings of an upper moon demon! It lures its prey in with flowers! No one has been eaten yet but slay it before someone gets killed! Slay it and report back to headquarters! Kaw!"

A crow ordered a man as he ran.
The man wore a red tengu mask and a blue wave decorated haori with a katana strapped to his side.
When the man arrived at his home on the foot of the mountain he geared up properly with a plan before he headed out.

By midnight, he had been searching for hours without a sign of anything abnormal.
Perhaps the sightings were mislead or the demon wasn't hunting that night?

Nope.

At that moment, Urokodaki picked up the slightest scent of lavender and rushed towards it.
As he got closer to the assumed demon, more and more floral scents filled the air.
The smell of hundreds of flowers was almost too overwhelming, but Urokodaki pressed on.

Eventually Urokodaki came across something that surprised him.
Something he had never seen on 'his' mountain despite living there for so long.

Through the thick if the trees he saw a large clearing filled with flowers and plants.
Everything was beautifully and carefully sorted by color and height to make the perfect garden in the eyes of anyone.

There was something off about this garden though.

Through the sections of plants twisted dirt paths that looked like they had been walked hundreds of times.
All of these intricate paths lead into the very center where an overgrown well resided.

On the edge of the well facing the man with confused eyes sat the demon he was sent to slay.
However, there was something off about this demon besides the crossed out kanji in his eyes.

"Well, that mask is certainly something! What's your name, stranger?"

The demon wanted to... strike a conversation?
With a man who proudly displayed his nichirin blade on his hip?

"Urokodaki Sakonji."

"Well, thank you for answering! Am I right to assume you were sent to slay me, Urokodaki-san? Are you a hashira, I wonder? Surly your master isn't fool enough to send a swordsman with no experience after me."

The demon smiled and kicked his feet, watching the slayer weigh his options in his mind.
While the demon didn't smell of any ill intent, letting his guard down didn't seem like a risk Urokodaki was willing to take.
The demon's eyes were reason enough for him to strike without hesitation.

But how much harm could one conversation do?

"Yes, I was sent here to kill you. I am the water hashira of the Demon Slayer Cor."

"Well then, water hashira, would you care for a chat first?"

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《~Fin.~》

A mere 542 words not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Again, I apologize for the short chapter, my dear reader! I hope you enjoyed it although it wasn't very eventful! I also hope you have a terrific day/night! Until next time, dear reader!