Ch. 2 - My Dearest Amaryllis

《{Warning: cussing, hit at an ed.}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

"Dear Gingko Leaf... why do you... miss the sun? Whenever I... come to get you from the tree... that's always the last question you ask it..?"

The other man asked as they arrived in an odd looking 'building' of sorts. As far as the eye can see; buildings, rooftops, platforms, staircases, and walls. All of these structures stretched in any direction they pleased, like an odd, monochrome, geometric painting colored with various tan hues.

"Well, my lovely Red Hibiscus, do you not miss true warmth? Not the mere feeble attempt of warmth from fresh blood, but true warmth? Something that wraps around you with its unconditional love and comforts you when you're feeling cold? Ah... at least, I think that's how warmth feels... but yet I have no recollection of feeling this 'warmth' I yearn for... my apologies, lovely Red Hibiscus, for my rambling. I myself am not sure why I miss the sun. The moon is gorgeous on its own, I should not be ungrateful and ask for more."

'Gingko Leaf' sighed and lowered his head to 'Red Hibiscus' as the two came to a stop on a platform.
'Red Hibiscus' looked down at the other man and gently rested a hand on his (h/c), feathery, shoulder length hair with a small sigh.

"You need not apologize, dear Gingko Leaf... I was the one... who asked the question..."

'Gingko Leaf' chuckled softly and looked back up to 'Red Hibiscus' with a smile. Soft (e/c) eyes adorned with the kanji 'Upper Moon 2' met 3 pairs of yellow eyes with red scarla, the middle pair reading 'Upper Moon 1'.
Kokushibo's eyes widened ever so slightly as his eyes met 'Gingko Leaf's soft gaze. He let an amused breath escape his nose as he softly pat the other man's head and slowly looked to the platform below them.

"Have you said your hello... to Nakime?"

He asked, looking down to the baiwa wielding woman on the platform.

"Oh, I have yet to! Please excuse me, my lovely Red Hibiscus."

'Gingko Leaf' bowed slightly to Kokushibo and leapt down to the platform where to woman sat.

"Hello, my dearest Amaryllis! I do hope you have been well, the fortress is looking as beautiful as ever!"

'Gingko Leaf' smiled warmly at the woman who simply lifted her head in his direction with a small smile and a nod.

"Oh, that's truly great to hear! I've brought you a purple amaryllis as an apology for not coming more often, I hope you can forgive me!"

'Gingko Leaf' spoke in a soft, apologetic, yet sorrowful tone and took the flower out of his haori sleeve, gently tucking it behind Nakime's ear.
She simply smiled a little bit more and nodded again, with a strum of her baiwa, 'Gingko Leaf' was back on the platform Kokushibo resided on.

"Welcome back, dear Gingko Leaf.."

Kokushibo nodded and sat down on the mat, taking out his sword and admiring it.

"How was your night, lovely Red Hibiscus?"

'Gingko Leaf' smiled and sat across from him.

"Nothing special... just hunted a few slayers... did you eat anything..?"

Kokushibo asked in a slightly strict sounding tone, looking up to 'Gingko Leaf' who smiled nervously.

"Shit... Uh, yeah! I ate a uh.. squirrel..? You know I forget when I go to see my lovely tree. I'm sorry, I just can't help it... plus, we're already here so it's too late."