Ch. 3 - My Beautiful Checkered Lily

《{Warning: hit at an ed.}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

'Gingko Leaf' jumped from Kokushibo's platform onto another, quickly making his way to a pot.
The pot was well sculpted and had a white base wrapped with a green vine pattern decorated with pink and purple wild flowers.

"I know you can hear me, my beautiful Checkered Lily! Come out, silly! I'd love to compliment the creator of this wonderful pot, it's simply gorgeous! I simply need to see who made it!"

'Gingko Leaf' giggled and stood in front of the pot with his arms behind his back.
At the sound of his giggle, Gyokko rose out of his pot and threw his arms in the air.

"Oh, hello my dear Apple Blossom! I made it just for you to see! Thank you for the lovely compliments to yours truly! I handcrafted it to perfection with care for your upmost enjoyment! It really is beautiful, isn't it? The purple on pink on green really make it POP!"

Gyokko clapped his hands together and continued to rant about his new pot, 'Gingko Leaf' simply smiled and nodded along till he finished.
Once he finished, 'Gingko Leaf' spoke again.

"How was your night, my beautiful Checkered Lily?"

"Oh, just wonderful! I made a handful of pots to sell off again, the buyers were simply stunned by my gorgeous work! They know true art and hard work when they see it! How did your night go, my dear Apple Blossom? Did you eat well?"

Gyokko smiled and tilted his head to the side, crossing his arms when 'Gingko Leaf' gave him a nervous smile.

"I forgot to eat, but I'm going out tomorrow night, so don't worry! My night was nice and quiet, sitting under my dear gingko tree is a calm way to pass the time."

'Gingko Leaf' smiled brightly, trying to look past having the food conversation a second time.

"Not on my watch, mister. I do adore you but you're going to drive me crazy if you keep forgetting. This is the seventh meeting in a row you've forgotten and it better be the last."

Gyokko shook his head and 'Gingko Leaf' looked down with a nod.
Shifting his arms around a little, 'Gingko Leaf' pulled his arms out from behind his back, holding a beautiful bouquet of checkered lilies out to Gyokko.

"I grew these myself! When I saw they had bloomed, I decided to make you a bouquet out of only the most beautiful ones! They're the flowers I gave you the nickname of!"

"Oh, my! They look so pretty! I'll be sure to put them win a well deserving vase!"

Gyokko smiled and took the flowers, examining them for a few moments before reaching into his own pot.
He dug around for a bit before pulling out a pot identical to the one he was in now.
'Gingko Leaf's eyes lit up like little stars as he saw the pot.
Gyokko smiled and handed it to him carefully.

"It's nice to see someone get so exited over my wonderful works of art, so I made us matching pots! You're reaction was all I needed to see! You truly still admire true works of art even after all this time we've known each other! Since I gave that Doma kid a pot, obviously I had to give you one a million times better than his! Now, run along while I think of what pot I should put these flowers in!"

Gyokko snickered and shooed him away.
'Gingko Leaf' bowed to Gyokko a little bit as a thank you and rushed back to Kokushibo, holding the pot to show him like a kid on Christmas.

"Look at what my beautiful Checkered Lily made me! Oh, it's gorgeous! I love all the vines and flowers and the colors just work so well together! His art is always so impressive!"

'Gingko Leaf' beamed and set the pot in front of Kokushibo for him to see.
Kokushibo looked from 'Gingko Leaf' to the pot and nodded slightly.

"It's a nice pot... but I don't see what makes it... different from the rest? I don't understand... how you manage to... deal with him and his... large sense of pride..."

Kokushibo sighed.
'Gingko Leaf' simply giggled and took the pot into his arms again.

"Seeing such beautiful handmade things just make me happy, I guess! And he puts so much work into them, it's admirable! Even the flower name I've given him has a reasoning behind it, everyone's does and I believe they fit them well! I take pride as a self-proclaimed expert botanist in knowing all kinds of things about flowers and trees!"

'Gingko Leaf' lifted his head with a big grin, practically glowing with pride.
Kokushibo closed his eyes and put his face in one of his hands, shaking his head.

"You're both crazy... so prideful over odd things..."

"Hey, if I asked you to talk about sword combat, you would go on for hours like we do!"

'Gingko Leaf' retaliated with a snort, covering the bottom half of his face with the rim of the pot.

"At least combat knowledge... is useful in battle..."

Kokushibo deadpaned.
'Gingko Leaf' huffed and narrowed his eyes.

"You wouldn't be saying that if he used his pots in battle and I could use flower poisons on upper demons effectively."

'Gingko Leaf' grumbled and sniffed the air, peaking his head over the platforms' edge and looking around.

"Hello? My sweet Monkshood?"

He called out in a gentle tone.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《~Fin.~》

917 words not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Gyokko has been added to - Friends list!}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Hello once more, my dear reader! I do hope you're enjoying the story so far! Granted, it's a bit slow, but I like giving characters a well deserved introduction! Although, next chapter may be a bit short since the character is a bit odd to write for... but with that said, I hope you have a wonderful day/night, reader!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Secrets unlocked: 5! Botany book updated x2!}》

《{Apple Blossom flowers: commonly used to symbolize 'life after death'!}》

《{Monkshood flowers: commonly used to symbolize 'caution, treachery, and misanthropy'!}》

《{Gyokko and (y/n) have been friends since the pot demon was made!}》

《{(Y/n) has two main nicknames and a few different 'endearing' words the demons use for him!}》

《{(Y/n) loves flowers a crazy amount! He has his own greenhouse with special glass that protects him from the sun when he's in it! He grows every flower he can get his hands on!}》