Ch. 10 - Hidden away

《{WARNING! : S/H!}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Two men resided in a forest.
One sat with his legs to one side.
The other remained crouched next to him.
The moon shined down on both of them with its silver light.

"Why won't you fight me? I've been asking for hundreds of years, yet you've never accepted. It's getting on my nerves now."

A man with pink hair spoke, annoyance lacing his tone.
The other sat unbothered, keeping his (e/c) gaze up to the moon.

"I'm sure our battle would be legendary! Your battle aura is easily one of the most polished I've ever seen! We could fight for eternity!"

The striped man fell back into a sitting position and marvled over the idea of the two fighting.
Finally, the (h/c) haired man turned his gaze to Akaza with a sweet smile.

"Perhaps it's because I've grown attached to you? You are a part of my beautiful bouquet, after all! I value you and the others over every flower I've grown, you know?"

With the gentleness in his tone, Akaza was surprised that this was the very demon everyone was so afraid of.
(Y/n)s next words surprised him even more.

"I suppose I just really... I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess I really care about you, my lovely Gazania! And if those aren't the words I'm looking for, then some day I'll find the right words and tell you what I really mean!"

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

"Are you sure you want to leave? Demon slayers have gotten a lot less understanding just in these past few months. What if one tries to kill you? Or worse, a hashira! Just because you're free from the curse doesn't mean you're invincible, you know?"

Tamayo voiced her opinions on (y/n) leaving, understandably worried for the man she had grown attached to.
On the night (y/n) spoke the lord's name, he declared he would leave to find a new home within the next week.
Throughout the last few months (y/n) was staying with her, Tamayo never let him leave the safty of her home.
He understood her reasoning and agreed to her terms, that he might run into a powerful slayer or upper moon and that he doesn't know the city like she does.

"I understand your worries for me, my dearest Mountain Laurel, however... staying here now that I'm free doesn't feel right. I know I'm not invincible. If I run into a slayer of any sorts I'll run, okay? Explaining myself would be a waste of breath if they're trying to kill me without striking a conversation."

(Y/n) laughed and gathered what few things he had before turning to Tamayo.

"Would it make you feel better if I wrote to you? Maybe once a month we could check in on one another? I certainly would love to keep in contact with you rather than leaving a friend."

He smiled and tilted his head, waiting for her response.
The elegant woman hummed and nodded contently before walking with (y/n) to the front door.
As (y/n) threw the door open, mindful of his force, a cold wind rushed past them.
Almost like the nights greeting to them, the chilling gust of wind gently kissed the demon's faces and lightly tugged at their hair.
Giggling at said 'greeting', (y/n) took a step out of the house, only to be held back by a small tug at his haori.

He turned to see Tamayo looking at him with a sorrowful expression, like she was already grieving his death.
Without hesitation, (y/n) threw his arms around her in a comforting embrace hoping to calm her nerves.