"At this rate your neck will break," I murmur into the part of her hair that's fallen in front of me.

"I just don't get why you're talking to him," she sneers.

"He's my friend," I say tightly. I really don't want to talk about this here, in a bus where anyone can hear us but Jessica doesn't seem to understand the gravity of this entire issue. To her, Adonis is a jerk and Declan is innocent case closed.

"A friend you kiss?" She sneers at me. I sigh and look away. I'd always been thinking about my choices but when Avery went missing it constantly weighed upon my mind. Especially when I met Reyna and Nick. The parallels between their friendship and the ones I had were glaring.

I love Jessica but she's really just a rich spoilt brat at heart. Occasionally she goes out of her way to help me but then when things don't go her way she goes back to Bitch mode. Like now, when her relationship with Damien is on the rocks but I went and kissed Adonis. Forget the fact that this kiss was a mistake and Adonis pretty much closed that chapter, Jessica can't get over the fact that I wasn't sulking with her when Damien left her stranded in her room.

Okay, maybe I am a bad friend.

"Hand me some chocolates," I try to change the subject. A pack of chocolate is placed on my palm but when I look up I meet the wrong pair of eyes.

"You weren't sitting here before," I say mostly to myself but Declan shrugs.

"I swapped."

I haven't been able to look at Declan in the eye for months. I mean things have been so weird between us for ages and now he's being accused of doing all these things. He looks tired, worn out, not like what a psychopathic killer would look like.

My phone pings again and it's another text from Adonis. Declan sees it and immediately his expression changes like we're going to war.

"What now? Are you two fucking?"

"Gosh, don't be so vulgar," I snap. On the other side Jessica snorts and brings out her headphones. She wears them over her head and leans on the window, great, it would be better if she slept.

"Are you two dating?"

"Is that supposed to bother you?" I shoot. He stretches his legs and looks away.

"Let's do something," he starts.

"What?"

"This weekend, let's forget everything else back there. Let's go back to the way it was before all this."

"All what? Do you hear yourself Declan?"

"Stop it, you've already agreed," he turns his head to look at me.

"No I haven't," I frown. Declan watches me like he's never seen me before and I mentally curse myself for being so dumb, fickle and idiotic because when he leans in to kiss me I don't stop him.

||

The hotel is beautiful, elegant and scents like money but I don't stop to gaze at the building. I look for the first ladies room I see. When I'm sure no one's following me I open Adonis' text.

A.D: If this goes well we'll find Avery soon. I'll send you an address, make sure Declan and the others hear about it. Saturday night, we'll be there. Watch him and report his every move to us.