45

The bus is waiting outside our block and the hall is rowdy and loud because everyone is pumped about staying in a hotel for free for the weekend.

"Are you guys really not going?" Yara pouts at us. Damien, Lee and I shake our heads slowly.

"Enjoy the game though and bring back some souvenirs," Lee tells her. She's all set for the game, I never really realised just how much Yara was into lacrosse but judging from how her colour code matches the school's team code, it's a lot.

"Uh oh, trouble's coming," Lee says under his breath. My eyes fly to the direction he's looking at and I spot Jessica Jones heading towards us, her nostrils flaring.

"Adonis. Are you seriously not coming?" She demands immediately she's in ear shot.

"Do I look like I'm coming?" I shoot back. Jordan comes running to her side and latches her hands on Jessica's like she's trying to pull her back.

"It's your duty! Why don't you just do what you're supposed to do and stop poking your nose where it doesn't belong?"

"Why don't you stop shouting?" I watch her lazily. For a member of the Student Body (which has the major work of dialogue) Jessica has no idea how to talk to people.

"You asshole-"

"Jessica stop. There's no need for you to vent your anger on him. He's done nothing wrong," Damien steps forward. Jessica's face falls a bit, like she's surprised he's standing up for me. That hurts her I guess.

"Nothing wrong? Everything that's happening to Declan is his fault!"

"Maybe you should check your facts Jessica," I suggest to her.

"And watch him at the conference, you wouldn't want him riding that bike again would you?" Lee adds. Jessica glares at all three of us for seconds like she's trying to decide which of us to devour first but then she locks eyes with Damien and her eyes say: you're royally doomed. Then she storms off. Jordan sends us all pleading looks before running after her.

"Sorry man," i tell Damien. He shakes his head and watches Jessica's disappearing figure.

"She'll cool down. Yara, you better get going." He nods at the kids entering the bus. Yara grabs her bag and blows us all kisses.

"Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" She shouts as she runs off.

"I'm going home you guys, feeling a bit under the weather," Damien tells us.

"Alright, take care of yourself bro," I pat him at the back. He takes the other exit and leaves.

"Any plans for today?" Lee asks me.

"I can't say, things just sort of throws itself at us these days," I shrug. We walk out of school together and today's activity is standing on the other side of the street.

"Nick! What are you doing here?" I call out to the lanky boy leaning on the street. He straightens up.

"Sports Conference eh?"

We cross the street and Lee replies. "Yeah, they just left."

"Declan's there?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I think I've got a way we can figure out if it's him or someone else."

"You do?" We gape at him.

"Come on."

*Jordan*

We're almost at the hotel when I get a message from Adonis. I can't read it though because Jessica's peering into my phone like she's my insecure boyfriend.