42.

Lee scoots over once he sees me enter the class. He's been busy researching what he could get on his drive from the CCTV tapes and really doesn't seem to notice anyone or anything else.

"Do you think it's safe doing that here?" I ask him as I take my seat. He looks up and takes off his glasses.

"What did they say?"

"Jaré was in accident and all fingers are pointing at Declan right now."

"What else will this dumbass do?" He grunts. I'm wondering the same too. He doesn't even have a strong motive, why would he go this far?

"I also spoke to Jordan about...that," I gesture at his tab where the videos are playing.

"I don't suggest you let her anywhere near Reyna for the time being," he warns me.

"I gave them the necklace and told them about the address. I hope that doesn't backfire."

"It won't. When will you see Jaré?"

"I don't know...after school?" I shrug. Lee doesn't get to answer because Yara jumps from absolutely nowhere and on to the seat in front of me.

"You guys are going right?" She demands. For a moment I think she's talking about Jaré in the hospital but then she adds: "To the Sports Conference."

"Oh, that. Why would I need to go?" Lee seems to genuinely want to know.

"Come on," Yara pulls his hands continuously until Lee drags them away from her reach. The Sports Conference is a regional Lacrosse competition that our school never misses. We're currently holding the school with the most wins. Every year all members of the lacrosse team, students who volunteer and all members of the student body travel together for the weekend event. That being said...

"I'm not going," I announce. Yara's gaze snaps to me and she frowns.

"You're not? You're the President of the Student body."

"Yeah but first I'm a son. I can't leave my mum alone. My dad's on a business trip."

"More reasons why I shouldn't go," Lee pipes in. The door opens and Damien walks in, spots us and comes to sit with us.

"Don't tell me you're not going for the Sports Conference," Yara pouts at him.

"I'm not," he blinks.

"You're not?" She practically cries.

"I'm not that invested in Lacrosse,  besides, Jessica's going to be there. I don't want it to get awkward," he shrugs. Next to me Lee turns off his tab and clears the table before leaning forward and narrowing his eyes at Damien.

"What exactly has been going on between you and Jessica?" He demands.

"I have no freaking idea. I don't wanna get caught up in a relationship where I'm more invested than she is but whenever we meet-"

"You kiss and it's back to square one," I finish. When he looks away I snort in confirmation. "I can't relate to that."

"You can't? You've been very cuddly cuddly with one particular person lately," Yara implies. She's looking at me like I owe her an explanation and that pisses me off. A couple weeks back and no one thought they were cool enough with me to ask for explanations or lie so easily or expect me to do anything for them. A couple weeks back and it was just me and Lee.

"Lee, I'll meet you after school okay? I think we should go together," I say to Lee. Yara gapes at me as I grab my bag and stand up.

"Where are you going?" She demands.