Mercenary Guild Meet Arm and Fake (Real) Arm (273/274)

The hall was a mess.

People shouted and squawked like they never witnessed the gods being immature brats. Choi Han made a face when the God of Death bailed as soon as the introduction was over.

A quick glance at the screen revealed that it will stay off for a bit, giving the spectators the chance to recover a bit. It would have been appreciated if they didn't just drop new visitors into their laps. Cale-nim's reincarnated mother...ah, no...Kim Rok Soo's reincarnated mother's niece was happily squashed between the members of the Henituse family and Kim Rok Soo, who made sure that no annoyances would get to her.

The other two people were making Choi Han worry more.

Cale Henituse had been unceremoniously kidnapped by his weeping father – Deruth was actually crying hard enough to not be able to speak full sentences, which meant that Cale still had no real idea what was going on and where they left off – and other family members.

They were just as helpful with Basen being deathly pale while not uttering a single sound – Choi Han contemplated whether it was shock or if the other man fainted with open eyes -, funnily enough, Lily was the opposite. She chatted on and on with an excited voice about trivial things that happened the last few hours – days??? – and made a general mess out of the timeline, which certainly didn't help Cale understand any of the happenings. Violan let them talk and calmly sipped her tea, although her eyes never left Cale's face, taking in his obvious confusion with humor and relief.

It was chaos on that side but at least nobody was in immediate danger of dying an unfortunate death, something that can't be said about the third visitor who dared to attach himself to Cale, gaining the collective ire of the redhead's family.

Somehow, Choi Han sweatdropped, Choi Jung Soo managed to annoy even Raon with his clinginess. The pint-sized dragon utilized the full might of his doe-sized blue eyes and glared menacingly at his nephew. Choi Jung Soo blew the small dragon a kiss and hugged Cale's arm even tighter.

Choi Han could hear metal being bent. Turning around, a smiling Ron greeted them. His arms were filled to the brim with freshly cooked food. Cale's eyes lit up with happiness. The loyal knight smiled softly.

"Cale, I watched some events but not all, you are being careful and taking care of yourself, right?" Choi Jung Soo asked while attempting to sweep a sausage from Cale's plate. A well-thrown knife – with a bent handle, Choi Han knew he heard it right – foiled his attempt. Ron's smiling face stayed calm.

Choi Jung Soo looked at the butler. "You know, in our old world, we had a show that had an earl and demonic butler as main characters. The butler also smiled all the time and was concernedly obsessed with throwing cutlery. A weird hobby, I must say."

The embedded knife on the table gleamed an eerie silver.

Choi Han just wanted to grab Cale and run.

If his nephew dies, it's for the greater good.

Unfortunately, Cale did not pay attention to anything but his meal, only sometimes sharing parts with the hungry kids - who had their own plates but, naturally, preferred Cale's - and patting their heads while they praised Beacrox's cooking abilities.

"Then again, you and he aren't similar since the butler in the show was a demon – a different kind of demon than what you know – and was known to be ridiculously handsome. On unfair levels, to be honest. I remember being jealous of his looks while girls and boys alike in school fawned over him. Ah, good times," Choi Jung Soo chatted.

Ron's smile looked like it could crack any moment.

"This Ron has no knowledge of tales from the young master's previous world, however, one tale from ours comes easy to mind," Ron shared with a humble smile. Even Choi Han could tell he was acting.