The Beginning of the End, Church of Sun God Edition (Ch 213/214)

Valentino was so done with everything.

Adin is not only an enemy but actively tries to destroy the Caro Kingdom?

Did their friendship mean nothing? Or was it even one? Was he the only who believed that they were friends? Does he even know the true Adin?

The ire at his own people was still simmering under his skin like lave under a small, breakable layer of dirt. Ready to erupt at any given time.

However, an equal part of himself is drenched in self-hatred. How could he be this blind? His people died under his watch. He, the nice and well-known crown prince, allows some corner nobles to exploit his own people, without consequences.

The innocent citizen don't know that he had no idea. That he wasn't even aware of the gruesomeness happening in his own lands. For them, he is a corrupted and skewed individual that doesn't care about them. He failed them at fronts.

Valentino is different than Antonio, who got up after the tragic reveal to change the wrongs to right.

Not minding Antonio's counterpart who was now snoring contently in his eat.

The crown prince of the Caro Kingdom is drowning in self-doubt and helplessness. Where could he even begin to amend?

His counterpart saw the despair.

Luckily, Valentino of Side B didn't have to face a full front reveal but rather discovered the information bit by bit. Anger and hatred still present, but he was able to remain rational and plan ahead thanks to the young master of the Henituse county.

Cale was there to pull him out of depression and anger before he could be swallowed up. The young master gave him instantly options for revenge and how to make things better.

His counterpart doesn't have that luxury.

Not only was everything revealed at once, but the distrustful eyes of his people that followed him around the room certainly feel heavy on his mind. He's close to breaking.

Valentino exchanged glances with his seatmates and, after getting their approval, he stood up and went to his counterpart to collect the despairing man.

Cale smiled at Valentino's actions. He realized his intentions early on and approved.

Valentino has grown not just as a man but as a leader as well.

When Cale revealed the disgusting acts of the Dubori lord, Valentino was angry, but decided against acting as the cousin of the lord was one of his strongest supporters. After the war, he came back with the intention to cleanse his kingdom.

Supporters be damned.

He grew as a leader and chose the wellbeing of his people over seeking more power.

While losing the Dubori faction, he gained many more supporters thanks to his wise and rightful decisions. Valentino cemented his position as crown prince.

Valentino of Side A didn't have the time nor ability to grow. He's still a rightful and friendly royal, but was missing the decisiveness of his counterpart.

The ability to step out of his own shadow.

Cale knows that this needs to change or the Caro Kingdom of Side A will fall. Valentino may be the support his counterpart needs.

It's not like Cale couldn't understand the prince, although he never experienced betrayal on his own, the feeling of suddenly being alone and having to face the scary world without support... It's a memory he'd like to forget but never could.