Whale Rescue plus Acquiring the Potty Mouthed Thief (Ch 51-53)

Witira never thought much about loss or destruction in her over 250 years of living.

It happens and is certainly sad, yet at least avenging the fallen by destroying their enemies, the living are at peace. It is a weird concept, but the one the Whales live by.

The warrior and proud vanguard thought about the last few years and how much has changed. The Whale Tribe existed as sovereigns in the ocean and didn't concern themselves with the matters at land except their routine trade with some other tribes like the Elves.

Things changed when the mermaids gained power, fast and incomprehensible, and she tasted powerlessness for the first time. Her people were dying, no matter age or their involvement in battles, Witira was angry.

Angry at herself for being useless and angry at the mermaids for daring to kill their young. She remembers the blood all over the ocean, the corpses of her people and the utter hatred she felt in those moments.

They weren't losing the battles but also couldn't achieve victory.

If the young master hadn't interfered, she knows that their skirmishes would have continued for months if not years.

The young master with his blood red-hair, just like the dyed ocean, and calm eyes appeared seemingly out of nowhere and helped them. He didn't save them- they didn't need saving- but gave them the chance to restore the balance of the ocean.

This is something the future queen will always be thankful for.

What mattes the most is another point. Cale Henituse not only helped her tribe, he also saved her beloved younger brother. Witira knows that the chances of Paseton's survival were close to nil if the young master hadn't interfered. She knows this and is more than thankful.

Seeing a world where her worst nightmare came true was like a slap to her face. No, more like a punch that normally destroyed whole glaciers.

Her other self is younger by a margin, at least for Beast people standards, yet she looked far older.

Weary with deep lines overshadowing her beauty. Her hair appears dull and her eyes while still filled with life lost their spark.

Her father as well. Her handsome and strong father, someone she sees as tall and unshakable like a mountain, stood before her with hunched shoulders and greying hair.

It was devastating.

Just before they were kidnapped and thrown into this room with their counterparts by the gods- a thought she doesn't want to linger on-, her family was talking. Laughing. Just enjoying the nice breeze on top of the glacier that serves as their village ground.

Paseton was smiling softly, while her father's boisterous laugh caused a floating iceberg to break apart, scaring some swimming fish and other aquatic lifeforms.

It felt unreal seeing her counterpart and the other Whales alongside her father being so...small and defeated.

They haven't lost their pride or will to live, yet the spark that separated them from normal humans and Beast people alike was missing.

That was another thing that changed for Side B as well.

The 'we' that once just applied for the Whales and maybe the Penguin Tribe changed as well. Many races and individuals now belong to the 'we' Witira proudly uses when talking about battles.

We'll do it together.

We are strong.

We will win.

We won.