30.★Beauty With Brain★

Jungkook groaned looking at the time on the wall clock. It's a Monday night and he was still inside his home helping his mother with her kitchen cabinet. He promised Jimin that he would be there at the mansion by the evening and now it was past ten. He sure would have to face some wrath from his lover.

He informed Kim Namjoon about his absence earlier today. Namjoon already told him he can take a few days off as Jimin is now homeschooled. Well... Trying to be homeschooled. The smaller was good at ditching classes telling lame reasons like tummy aches.

Jungkook walked towards his room after he was done with the kitchen works ready to take a rest. He can send a message to the younger about coming tomorrow not today as he is too tired to drive to the mansion.

But his phone blared before he took it in his hands.

'My doll' it said. Panic raised inside him about telling an excuse to Jimin.

[Hey baby. I am so-]

[If you won't come here tonight. I am not going to eat dinner Jeon.]

Jungkook shut his eyes tightly as the whiny voice came through the other side even before he can apologize. It's been three days since he saw Jimin. He can understand how the younger might be feeling about his absence. It's the longest they have been separated since dating each other.

[Did you atleast eat lunch baby?]

The other line was silent. Jungkook sighed disappointedly.

[I am so sorry for breaking your promise. Will you forgive me if I come there now?]

[Yes... But I also don't want to be the boyfriend who whines for the smallest things. I know your family is important Jeon. But you are the only one that spends time with me in this mansion. It feels like I am lonely like the old times when daddy has to work. I just want to see you everyday Jeon.]

[I will be there in a minute Jimin.]

True to his words Jungkook was at the mansion with his small carry bag on shoulder. A casual navy blue half sleeve shirt and a light blue jean adorned his body.
His tattooed arms on display as the sleeves hugged his arms. He briskly walked towards the elevator only to be stopped by Hobi who was unusually standing there with a bottle of water in one hand.

Hobi raised his one brow before talking. "Why are you here at this hour officer Jeon? Weren't you on leave for two days?" The sudden inquiry tensed Jungkooks whole body. It felt like Hobi knew something.

"J-jimin called t-telling he had to go somewhere early tomorrow." The lie came through just in time. "Oh.. where?" Jungkook looked at anything inside the hall but not Hobi.

"H-he didn't tell me." Jungkook said once they entered the elevator together.

It was the most painful thirty seconds of his life as he stood with Hobi who had an unreadable expression on his face.

Jungkook only let out the sigh he was holding when Hobi was out of the elevator on the fourth floor of the mansion.

Meanwhile Hoseok looked at the closed door of the elevator with a sigh. He remembered that wedding night when Taehyung send him to the room.