6: Camping

Not edited:

~~~~

Today is the day we have all been waiting for! The camping trip!!!

We quickly made our way out the school and towards Milly and Lacey's parent's car. Their dad was in the car and Milly had told me that their mom was with Hunter at the beach house already.

"So, who's gonna sit where this time?" I asked as I looked at our stuff and the seats. One person was gonna have to sit in the front, three in the middle, and two in the back. Georgie had no bag, just a jacket and stuff in his pockets. Riley had his normal school bag, Scott had two bags and his school bag, and I had a bag and my school bag. Lacey and Milly's bags were non-existent because they were gonna take some stuff from the beach house.

"Well, we could go by the amount of bags. Like, since me and Milly don't have any one of us can go in the back while the other sits with the person with the most bags. That way we don't have any problems with it being too crowded" Lacey said.

"Thats actually smart" Milly said.

"You sound shocked" Lacey said. "Anyway, since Scott has the most bags and Milly has none they can sit together while I sit with dad"

"Great" Milly said as her and Scott got in the back seats.

"Georgie, since you have no bags and May has two you guys can sit together and Riley can sit behind me" Lacey said and the three of us got in our assigned seats. I looked around the car as it started and Lacey's plan worked. Milly and Scott had all their bags at their feet and since they were in the back there was more leg room, meaning his three bags fit. Georgie was in-between me and Riley and so he had one of my bags at his feet while the other was at my feet, then Riley had his own bag in front of him.

"Damn Lacey, I mean, I'm impressed" I said.

"Thank you, I try my best" she said as she looked through the stack of CD's and finally put one in the radio. It was 'All the small things'.

I looked out the window and saw houses pass us. "Hey guys look! It's Riley's house"

"Oh yea! I completely forgot he lived on this street" Scott said as he looked out the window.

"I know, its walking distance from school. Gotta love when that happens" Riley said as he looked through his bag.

"What ya look'n for?" I asked as I leaned forward a bit to look closer.

"I'm just making sure I have everything I need" Riley explained as he zipped up one pocket and went to the next.

I leaned back and looked around. It looked like everyone was already doing their own thing. Milly and Scott were doing a bunch of competitions ranging from rock, paper, scissors, to cards, to I spy. It was very confusing to me so I choose not to participate. Georgie was humming to the songs that were playing on the radio since Lacey took out the song when it stopped playing and just put it on the normal radio. And Lacey was reading a book that looked identical to our homework, but since this is Lacey I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I then looked out the window to see that all the houses were getting farther and farther apart and there was much more trees and grass around. Soon we were driving through the hills where we would be for the next few hours while we got to the beach house.

"Ok, I wanna join your game, what are the rules?" Riley asked as he turned his body slightly to look behind him at the couple as they played their game.

"Rules?" Scott asked as if it was an unknown concept.

"Yea, you know, the thing that makes cheating not happen" Riley said.