Graduation .

Anyway thank you for giving my book a chance, i really appreciate it . Don't forget to vote and comment thank you .

Disclaimer: The characters, places ECT in the story are of my imagination . And I'm sorry for any errors you might find .

Amelia

Here I am sitting in front of my little dressing table and watching myself through the mirror . I can't believe it's finally my graduation day and I am so happy that I'm done with college and I can become a chef . I look beautiful today, my best friend Angela made sure I look this gorgeous by doing my hair and make up and I am grateful .

"Get up we're gonna be late for graduation" Angela shouts from the kitchen . And I shout my reply back, " I'm coming Angie "

I briefly took another last look of myself in the mirror, took my purse and made my way to the kitchen .

" I know you look good, but come on our degrees awaits " Angie says with an excited voice . I smile and hook my arm around hers . " Well then let's go get those degrees then missy, you look stunning by the way ".
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It's been thirty minutes since the start of the graduation and I've finally got my degree, I'm just a lil sad that my sister and my mom didn't make it, but I'm not surprised because they never took me as their own nor believed in me .

Anyway my name is Amelia Black . I'm a coloured but I look more white, except for my big afro hair . I never knew who my father is or was . My mother never really liked talking about him and I guess that's why she never loved me as she loves my sister . My sister and I don't share the same father . I never fitted in with my family and after high school I decided to move away from them and start my own life away from a toxic place I used to call "home" . My mother was not happy at first and just said that I'm not gonna get anything right in my life and I've spend my college years proving her wrong .

I'm brought back from my thoughts when I hear my best friend's name being called, she excitingly rush up to get her law degree . I must say I'm proud of her, I'm proud of us for making it this far . It wasn't easy but we made it .
Graduation came to end, Angie and I decided to celebrate by having a nice dinner out in one of the fancy restaurant . We've saved our money for this moment .

" I can't believe that it's finally over, I'm officially a lawyer I just need my own firm and all that and get rolling " Angie gushes with happiness .

" Same here, I still remember the sleepless nights we had just to push ourselves to come this far " we laughed .