Professor Snape was quiet for a moment, «I believe I said next to. Leonie, I need you to make one thing clear for me», he began as I could hear his steps coming towards me, «are you angry, or not angry?»

«Absolutely fuming», I said out loud, my tone sarcastic but snapping at the same time. I sighed and savoured the taste of the salty gravy on my tongue. Finally my tummy felt full, and my hangover seemed to fade a tiny bit. I was just about to lick food off of my fingers when the professor sat down opposite me.

«I sense sarcasm», he pointed out slowly as he reached for a piece of loaf.

I put my finger in my mouth and sucked it slowly while keeping eyecontact, Snape cleared his throat and looked away. I withdrew my finger and let it make a popping sound as it left my lips. Chuckling, I crossed my legs and waited till he looked back up, «you annoy me a great deal, Severus Snape».

He chewed slowly on his loaf and raised an eyebrow.

«You annoy me too, Leonie Lovegood», Snape said as he'd swallowed.

«But?», I smiled.

He stared at me, «but what?»

«I sensed a but, what is it?», I asked.

Professor Snape wiped his hands on his trousers before standing back up, «no but. You're just annoying».

My mouth fell open in shock, «okay, rude? That's so not true. Either you're trying to be funny, which is highly unlikely because — well, you're you. Or you're determined to be even more annoying».

«None of the above», he pointed out, «it's called honesty». Professor Snape returned to his cauldron and examined it.

«That would've been true if you were being honest, you're clearly not», I said as I walked over to his side, «you think other things of me».

His dark gaze fell onto me, «I do? Humour me».

«That's not my place to say», I replied.

He cleared his throat, «you think I am anything else but annoying?»

Raising an eyebrow, I didn't know what to say at first, «well, yes?»

«Tell me», he ordered as he poured powder into his potion.

«I asked you first», I protested, «why are you insisting on being so difficult?»

Professor Snape stopped pouring and looked at me, «so, annoying and difficult, those are your words?»

«Annoying, difficult, rude, mean, cold, inappropriate, exhausting», I started listing words, and his face lost that tiny bit of spark which had definitely told me he had been playing some game. But the change warned me he was just about done.

«I need another feather», Professor Snape replied dryly as he looked away, and walked over to his desk.

«And hot», I said.

«What?»

«You're hot, okay? I think.. you're hot. How's that for honesty, hm?», I snapped.

The professor turned to look at me, «a compliment... you're yelling a compliment. Why?»

I groaned in annoyance, «I don't know, you tell me? You yell all the time».

«I yell because students don't listen otherwise. Do you consider me a bad listener?»

«Just take the damn compliment», I raised my voice again and slammed my hand on the table. He didn't flinch.

Professor Snape cleared his throat, «who died?»