Promises

**** A Week Later / Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

"Jesus Christ!"

"I think my water just broke"

There's a certain kind of anxiety that comes with hearing those words.

A frantic feeling that screams 'Oh Fuck' inside your brain, as you try to scramble to get everything together.

Luckily, Noelle had us overprepared.

She has had her hospital bag and birth plan ready to go for months now, so that meant we were able to grab everything quickly and cut in under 15 minutes.

We weren't expecting them to come till tomorrow, but they decided to arrive early.

It was around two in the morning when we left the house.

She had just finished taking a shower, and we were about to head to bed when the chaos erupted.

"Hurry up and come nuh man" I hear her scream from downstairs.

I was struggling to find my phone, and I didn't want to leave without it.

"Jesus Christ! Mi feel like mi ah dead" she cries out, her words mixed in with a few groans.

I continue to search around desperately, before sending up a silent prayer to God.

Found it!

After grabbing my phone, which was hiding under the bed, I grabbed a pullover and ran down the hallway to meet her downstairs.

"Finally....." she exclaims, wincing as she tries to move her body up off the couch.

Muma already miserable pon any regular day, suh today aguh be another kinda vex.

Ah bare bad wud mi aguh get today enuh...

"Come babes, ready now" I call out to her, picking up the hospital bag from its position on the floor.

I walk behind her, grabbing the car keys from the post they were hanging from.

I watched as she struggled to walk towards the front door, her breath heavy and deep as she tried to calm herself.

Poor baby....

Once we were outside in the driveway, I quickly rushed around to the passenger side to open the door for her, helping her up into her seat and closing the door once she was situated.

I run back around towards my side, throwing the bag into the backseat before hopping in and starting the car.

"The pressure is getting worrrrsssaaaa" she playfully cries out, a small smile forming on her lips.

The good vibes only last for a bit though, and soon I watch as she grabs hold of her stomach and and lets out a scream.

"Wooooooiiiiiii mi boooooddddyyy" she says, her face screwed up, as the smile disappears.

Alright, time to go!

I don't hesitate once the car is in drive, moving us through the neighborhood at optimal speed.

Fuck ah ticket....

I was pretty good at most things, but mi skill set nuh reach di place fi help her if she were to have the babies in the car.

Suh we need fi reach Mandeville Hospital as soon as possible.

Once we were on Caledonia Road, I was moving through traffic as fast as I could, practically overtaking the drivers of the road.