On Edge

**** A Week Later / Friday, March 17th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

It's been over two months since I started at the firm.

It seems so surreal that I get the opportunity to come and work with such a great team, both of the Williams always make space and room to accommodate me.

Today I was in the office helping Mrs. Williams sort out some documentation for an upcoming divorce case.

These days I work 4 days from home, one in the office.

This allows me to take it easy in the earlier stages of pregnancy, plus it also helps Micheal sleep better at night......

Mi still nuh figure out who did come check fi mi.

But it seem like seh him figure it out cause him neva fuss wid mi when mi start come back to work in person.

"Noelle, could you make sure these get faxed over to the client before you leave for the day" I hear Mrs. Williams's voice calls as she makes her way towards my desk.

She has a manila folder in her hand, which she gently places on my desk once she's close enough.

"Of course, and before I forget.... I just sent over an email to Mr. Bowen's email to let him know that the time got pushed up earlier for Monday" I reply to her, taking up the folder off my desk to scan through it quickly.

Legal fee receipts....

Mi cyaa wait fi mek dem kinda money yah, law school nah miss mi next year.

She nods her head in response before turning on her heels, and heading towards her office.

Mrs. Williams is a woman of little words, she nuh love talk, so if yuh miss weh she seh di first time yuh get fuck.

She's very nice though, but she's the complete opposite to Mr. Williams in temperament.

Him coulda sidung and chat off yuh ears whole day, when all yuh get outta her is two sentences, maybe three if she feeling extra chatty.

But dem seh opposites attract doh....

Mi feel like seh mi and Micheal are similar in most ways, but in others?

Yea.....polar opposites!

I definitely have the worst temper, but him have the feistier mouth.

Di man nuh fraid fi shame yuh, sometimes mi really haffi sidung and think bout how him think of di comebacks dem suh fast.

"Noelle!"

I look up towards the front door to see Raina walking in, she had to do a lot of out-of-office work today so I've only seen her once today.

"Raina!" I call back mimicking her tone.

This causes her to let out a laugh as she moves over to prop herself on the corner of my desk.

"Weh yuh ah wear tonight?" she asks me.

Tonight was Amara's birthday celebration, she was hosting a private dinner and then she got a section for us at a club.

Love Yuh Badजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें