Man Clown

***** A Few Days Later / Tuesday, January 10th 2023 *****

Abigail's POV

I had been trying to fill up my days with extra shifts at work.

I was supposed to start school this January but that didn't really work out, so now I pushed everything back to September.

I had to keep myself preoccupied, if I didn't I would find myself crying over di dutty bwoy.

Monday to Friday was filled with shifts at the office. Once Friday evening ketch I was either at a club or a party.

And whenever he felt like he wanted to give me attention, I would drop everything to meet up with him.

Mi miss di days dem when mi neva did ah waan man clown, life was nice then.

These days, mi juss always ketch up inna problem because ah di dutty dranco.

The worst part was that I wasn't even there for the money, but it was a plus to know that he was financially capable of taking care of me.

If there was one thing he knew how to do, it was to spend money.

Di man woulda rather dead than apologize, but he didn't mind sending money as a form of apology.

It was like I had an absent narcissistic sugar daddy...

In my mind maybe that's why I dealt with all the bullshit, because I can not do this 9 to 5 sh*it forever, like dis cyaa gwaan fi mi fi much longer.

I was honestly very obsessed with Nardane.

Mi love money man weh carry a strap pon him waist, ah dem kinda man mi like.

Mi kinda sound crazy now that I think about it...

What I couldn't understand was that no matter how much I showed him that I was willing to be exclusively his, di man just couldn't rest him front.

A wah trailer load a gyal him have enuh, bare gyal walking around claiming him as theirs.

It was embarrassing....

But clearly, he had something we all wanted. It was just a matter of who he wanted more.

"Abi can you please mek sure all of Dr. Miller's appointments for tomorrow are confirmed" Brittany, our office manager, calls out to me pulling me from my thoughts.

I had been working here for almost a year, and I didn't necessarily hate it, but I knew this wasn't going to be long-term for me.

"Of course, then I can leave after dat?" I ask her as I browse through our internal client system.

"Yea mon as long as dat done, yuh free to go"

Mi did waan link wid Nardo later tonight, so I wanted to rush home and get ready before he came over.

He had spent last night with me, and promise he would be back tonight.

After sending out last-minute notifications to all our patients scheduled for tomorrow, I looked over my to-do list for the week before powering down the computer and grabbing my purse.

I had to walk over to Scotia Bank to meet Keri-Anne who would drive us home.

She was already waiting in the car when we arrived, so I quickly hopped in and we got on the road towards Valley.

I was back to my thoughts in no time...

I think the main issue I have Nardo is that he lies, I think I would respect him more if he would at least be honest with me about the women he's involved with.