Surviving

**** The Same Day / Tuesday, June 20th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

Still in a bit of disbelief, seh di plan end up working.

Like dis ah really give Nancy Drew right now....

Mi ready fi di next likkle investigative work man, haffi add dis shit pon mi resume.

Noelle Andrews: Top Escapist

"Ms. Andrews, are you feeling okay?"

I look up and notice that one of the nurses has entered my hospital room.

"Umm...not really, I feel really lightheaded and I am still feeling contractions" I lie.

I look out of the corner of my eye and catch Kaelah staring at me.

Since we arrived, she has not left my side.

Di lady literally deh pon mi like white on rice.

I knew they wouldn't let me stay here without supervision, but I had also planned for that fact as well.

And the best part about this part of the plan was that I didn't have to do anything.

I would just let nature take it course.

Kaelah was not superhuman.

At some point, like all other human beings, di gyal aguh haffi get up fi go piss.

That's when I would make my full escape.

They were all so worried about the whole "labor" thing that when they took me out of the warehouse they forgot to cover my eyes with a blindfold.

So I now know where the location of the warehouse is.

Dem people yah careless enuh...

Fi people weh love talk bout how dem ah badman, mi neva yet see ah group ah people weh act like ah dem first day pon di job.

At this point, dem need fi put mi in charge ah dis shit.

"Okay, I think we'll need to get you back on the IV and I'll see what we can do to help with the pain" the nurse replies.

To add to the dramatics of things, I let out a few groans, clutching my bump.

Need fi add actress to di resume to.

They had done a few preliminary tests and confirmed I wasn't going into the labor.

Ultimately chalking it up to Braxton Hicks, which was normal for women in week 26 of pregnancy.

But they still wanted to run a few tests on me to ensure the babies were okay.

Even though I was lying about the contractions, I was still severely dehydrated and fatigued.

Something Kahlil and Kaelah made me lie about.

Had to tell di people dem seh mi di sick out from di flu.

Like wah kinda sense dat mek?

I got a few side eyes from the nurses, but they didn't push it any further.

I wasn't surprised though, I was still dressed in my clothes from the funeral and I knew I looked very fucking crazy.

Hair all over the place and makeup probably smudged all crazy.

That didn't matter to me though, I needed them to keep me here as long as they could for me to milk this.

She comes over to check the machines a bit before turning on her heels to head out of the room.